Why is this spell killing me when I cast it on myself ?

marvey323

Reaction score
I created the following spell:
Trigger:
  • Holy Light
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Light Paladin
    • Actions
      • Set HL_Point = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set Lvl_HolyLight = (Real((Level of Holy Light Paladin for (Triggering unit))))
      • Set Intelligence = (Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))
      • Set HolyLightDamage = (Units within 250.00 of HL_Point matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((((Intelligence x (7.00 + ((Lvl_HolyLight - 1.00) x 0.50))) + (200.00 + ((Lvl_HolyLight - 1.00) x 100.00))) + 0.00) + HealerRodPower[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
          • Unit - Create 1 Caster Dummy (Enemy) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at HL_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Holy Light Effect (Ally) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Holy Light Effect (Ally) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Holy Light Paladin for (Casting unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((((Intelligence x (7.00 + ((Lvl_HolyLight - 1.00) x 0.50))) + (200.00 + ((Lvl_HolyLight - 1.00) x 100.00))) + 0.00) + HealerRodPower[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
          • Unit - Create 1 Caster Dummy (Enemy) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at HL_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Holy Light Effect (Enemy) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Holy Light Effect (Enemy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Holy Light Paladin for (Casting unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Target unit of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_HL_Point )
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in HolyLightDamage and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((((Intelligence x (7.00 + ((Lvl_HolyLight - 1.00) x 0.50))) + (200.00 + ((Lvl_HolyLight - 1.00) x 100.00))) + 0.00) + HealerRodPower[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal

It works like Dota's Omniknight in which he damages enemies around him as he heals himself but it ends up killing me if I cast it on myself... I dont understand why.

simonake

Reaction score
i'd say when you (target of an ability being cast) belong an alliy of (owner of (Triggering unit)

Create a variable that means "casting unit" or replace Triggering unit for "casting unit"

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Triggering Unit is the same as Casting Unit, and better :)

Try adding debug messages to find out why things are going wrong? Like how much damage is dealt or healed, etc.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Yeah, try isolating the problem
Display debug messages like Name of triggering unit
Boolean (Is target unit an enemy)
And such

marvey323

Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this... (or how any of you guys did either for that matter LOL)..

Check it out:
If ...

((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True

then ...

Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((((Intelligence .... LOL !

(I'm an ally of myself right.. so that's why I'm killing myself casting this on me)

Case closed :x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.