Windows 7 issues

Haxxors

Reaction score
I am using windows 7 and having some issues.

For one, whenever I am on the internet, my brower freezes up completely about every minute or so for a couple of seconds. It does this on firefox and IE.

The second issue I am having is that I cannot uninstall any programs at all. Everytime I try to uninstall I am told that the program is already uninstalled, when in fact it is not.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
just to clarify, you are running on an admin account? and also, have you run a virus scan recently? and 3rd, is your internet connection stable/constantly on?

Haxxors

Reaction score
Yes, my account is an admin.

No, I have not ran a virus scan, but I will do so now.

My connection is perfectly stable, which is why I assume it to be from some sort of corrupted file in the browser or something.

I just scanned for viruses, no threats detected.

One more thing, everytime I try to download adobe reader 9.6 so that I can watch videos on Youtube and stuff I get an error and it does not download.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. You need Adobe Flash Player for Youtube etc.
2. What error does it give you?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I would try running a registry fixer (something like CC cleaner) and then trying to un-install the programs via that, as for the internet, are you connected via wireless? can you try via wired? the reason I ask is ive seen this before and it was caused from a wire inside the antennae being broken, and even though it had a stable internet connection from the other antennae, it would lock up/freeze often, especially during media playback/online activity

Haxxors

Reaction score
The error I get is this -

Installation is corrupt! and then a bunch of numbers and a bunch of F's.

I also have pinpointed that the Adobe Flash Player is what is causing the freeze ups on my browser. Whenever I disable the Adobe Flash Player addon the freezing does not occur.

What is a registry cleaner? Why can't my computer uninstall programs on its own?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
What is a registry cleaner? Why can't my computer uninstall programs on its own?

the registry like the systems place for storing data, and sadly the windows registry often gets full of crap, which can cause issues with installing/uninstalling programs - why windows can't clean it by itself is a very good question, but I guess it does and just does a poor job at it - probably the same situation with a lot of things included with windows - paint is great and all, but it doesn't hold a candle to PS

and im guessing you can't uninstall/reinstall flash.. which would probably fix your internet freezing issue

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you want to uninstall Flash Player, this article will help you.

You can then install it again once it has been uninstalled.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.