Wireless INternet

RennoC

Reaction score
So, Im trying to connect my xbox to my laptop (which is on wireless internet) to get xbox live...what a pain! My laptops internet is fine but the xboxs connection cannot get the IP adress. I used to have it working but when I went to a LAN party my friend changed around some of the setting dealing with IP adresses. Any help?

Reaction score
do u have vista?

1) Go to Manage Network Connections ( make sure u have the cord connected to xbox live) Control Panel\Network Connections

2) CNTRL + Right click on your connection and the LAN Connection and click create bridge connection

skullkidd

Reaction score
I recommend buying the wireless xbox router.
it will automatically connect to the open wireless port it needs to be in. but vista is a questionable thing though. I'm pretty sure it would still work if it is.

turok255

Reaction score
I just did this a couple months ago, Because where I live I can only get Dial-Up or Verizon Wireless internet..... So yeah its either 28.8k or 200k+ :D

Heres what I did after I had alot of trouble with the IP shit....

Buy a Crossover Ethernet Cable.

Plug it into your xbox and computer.

Turn on the xbox.

Go to the system area on the xbox.

Connect to the internet.

Go to internet connections and go to your wireless internet your laptop is using and go to properties, then go to shared, Then enable sharing, then reconnect to the internet. (I say connect first incase is doesn't show up while your offline).

Now have your xbox auto detect the IP and then try to connect. It should work.

The biggest thing is make sure you got the right kind of ethernet cable, The one that comes with the xbox will NOT work.

Edit: Meh I just saw this was awhile ago... Owell maybe this will answer someone elses questions....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.