Wispwheels

PooBucket

Reaction score
I think that's what they are called, anyway if I'm wrong, I mean as something moving around a unit, could someone please tell me how to do that? That's the main thing I'm missing from my spell. And also I want it to be about 200 range from the hero and moves around the hero from that range.

Frost Spirit
A spirit of frost moves around (Hero), and if a unit comes within range of that, it will take a Frost Nova which deals 125 damage and slows for 2 seconds. Moves faster every level.

PooBucket

Reaction score
ugh, he can't spell for nuts, I got really mixed up from that. Anyway if you do understand, it's not that difficult but... I get mixed up with the variables. What do you set the things to? Could I get it straight please? And also, it's not a specific unit, it moves around the caster and the caster is a hero you train, not already placed on the map.

PooBucket

Reaction score
I don't understand which variables is which type. I do understand half of them but not the other half, could you please point out what variables are what? And the first variable I don't understand, I only want the wisp-wheel when I cast the ability, and this can be for all players. Help please?

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Create variables:

Caster = unit
caster_pos = point
move = real
lastcrtdunit = unit

then:

Code:
A unit starts the effect of ability
then
set caster = Triggering unit
set caster pos = Position of CAster
create 1 frost spirit at caster_pos
set lastcrdtunit = Last Created unit

Code:
Every .03 seconds of time
set move = move + ([U]4.00[/U]) this indicates how fast it is moving
move lasrcrdt unit to caster_pos offset by (anything) towards move degrees

there this should work!:D if not, whats is the problem?

PooBucket

Reaction score
Uhh... is it possible for my to make it move faster every level...? Cause I need it for a hero ability.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
yeah..

do:
Code:
Set Move = (Move + ((Real(Level of ------- for Caster)) * (1.00))
remember that 1.00 is the speed.

EDIT:
just remembered, dont forget to set caster_pos in the move trigger:
Code:
Set caster_pos = (Position of Caster)
Set Move = (Move + ((Real(Level of ------- for Caster)) * (1.00))
Custom Script:    call RemoveLocation(udg_caster_pos)

Reaction score
Theres a problem with that, because if the levels get to high the degrees changed could go from 1 to 15 to 60, which will get noticable very fast.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Code:
Set Move = (Move + (((Real(Level of ------- for Caster)) * (0.50)) + 1)
how about this?

PooBucket

Reaction score
I've only got 3 levels, so it would be alrite hopefully? It's not for a RPG or something =\

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
then this sould be alright:
Code:
Set Move = (Move + (((Real(Level of ------- for Caster)) * (0.75)) + 2.25)
so it shold be:
Level 1 - Move = 3.00
Level 2 - Move = 3.75
Level 3 - Move = 4.50

PooBucket

Reaction score
Sorry, I had heaps of stuff to do, but I've just tested it now. Nothing happens. Nething wrong with these triggers?

Code:
Frost Wheel Start
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Wheel 
    Actions
        Set Wheel = (Last created unit)
        Set Caster = (Casting unit)
        Unit - Create 1 Frost Wheel for (Owner of Caster) at Position facing Default building facing degrees
        Trigger - Add to Frost Wheel Blast <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 50.00 of Wheel)
        Trigger - Turn on Frost Wheel Move <gen>
        Trigger - Run Frost Wheel Move <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Code:
Frost Wheel Move
    Events
        Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Position = (Position of Caster)
        Set Move = (Move + ((Real((Level of Frost Wheel  for Caster))) x (0.75 + 2.25)))
        Unit - Move Wheel instantly to (Position offset by 150.00 towards Move degrees)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Position)

Code:
Frost Wheel Blast
    Events
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True
        ((Triggering unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False
        ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False
    Actions
        If ((Level of Wheel's Blast  for Wheel) Equal to 0) then do (Unit - Add Wheel's Blast  to Wheel) else do (Do nothing)
        Unit - Order Wheel to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Triggering unit)

PooBucket

Reaction score
Oh and by the way, I just found out a small problem but I fixed it up. I put Wheel before creating the unit. So now I've put Set Wheel under the create unit trigger. But nothing occurs still. Still doesn't work. And I also put in expiration timer which I forgot.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
1. Change the variable Caster = (triggering unit)

2. On Frost Wheel Start <gen> the variable Position is null.

3. On Frost Wheel Start <gen> remove the action Run Frost Wheel Move

PooBucket

Reaction score
1. Um, but what would I use for Frost Wheel Blast? I need that frost wheel to frost nova the nearby unit.

2. I see, but what is null? Isn't null = nothing? I don't know... I've seen it a lot. The only thing is I never went through GUI tutorials, taught myself. So I wouldn't know everything in GUI.

3. So I keep the trigger on? (Frost Wheel Move).

Thanks for helping!
Poo.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
1. The varaible caster. Triggering unit is more "MUI" than casting unit.

2. yes!! null = nothing!!

3. no. just use Turn Frost Wheel Move <gen> on. Because it has a periodic timer as an event. So there's really no need for Run Frost Wheel Move <gen>.

PooBucket

Reaction score
Thanks... I've fixed those up and I've put in a few other things. Tell me where I am wrong please. I've tested it and all I can see is the unit being created and then disappears.

Code:
Frost Wheel Start
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Create 1 Frost Wheel for (Owner of Caster) at Position facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to Wheel
        Set Wheel = (Last created unit)
        Trigger - Add to Frost Wheel Blast <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 50.00 of Wheel)

Code:
Frost Wheel Move
    Events
        Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Move = (Move + ((Real((Level of Frost Wheel  for Caster))) x (0.75 + 2.25)))
        Unit - Move Wheel instantly to (Position offset by 200.00 towards Move degrees)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Position)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Wheel is dead) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Set Caster = No unit
                Set Wheel = No unit
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            Else - Actions

Code:
Frost Wheel Blast
    Events
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Caster)) Equal to True
        ((Triggering unit) is Magic Immune) Equal to False
        ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Equal to False
    Actions
        If ((Level of Wheel's Blast  for Wheel) Equal to 0) then do (Unit - Add Wheel's Blast  to Wheel) else do (Do nothing)
        Unit - Order Wheel to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Triggering unit)

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Oops. I see 2 problems:

1. On Frost Wheel Start <gen>, the variable Wheel is null and so there is no (Last created unit).
2. there is a leak
Use this:
Code:
Frost Wheel Start
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
        [B]Set Wheel = (Last created unit)[/B]
        Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to Wheel
        [B]Custom Script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Position)[/B]
Other than those 2, i see no problem at all...

PooBucket

Reaction score
K, well how do I put it to not null? (Wheel)
And what's the problem there? Do I need to put a space in between?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.