Other Wolf Packs

Infernal

Reaction score
Wolve Forest

I have been creating a game of survival called wolf forest i am currantly ready for testing but I cannot host to test it. So I thought i should post my map here for other people to try out it's a 1v1v1v1 btw.
basic deatails
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season change over time changing the difficulty of survival --> winter is the hardest. you start with 5 wolve's 3 being female, 1 male and an alpha male.
Cubs will become adults at level 3
females are weaker than males making them the genral target when you 'raid' the enemy packs as if you kill all the females they won't be getting anymore wolve's.
if you alpha male dies you can type -promote to turn another male into an alpha.
Summer - start season
during this season you have hunters going around at the start they are far too strong and will almost certainly kill you unless of cource you run this is of cource because they come in large numbers.
other than that it's quite easy to survive just go round killing creeps and collecting food for the winter.
(last 500 secs)
Autumn - recover/safe season
this is just a season for recovering and collecting for winter
this season is shorter than summer and longer than winter.
(last 400 secs)
Winter - danger season
this season involves lots of running around and killing for food,high numbers are harder to survive with. If you just stand around the whole pack will just die of cold the river is too cold to cross (death on touch).
Use this season to steal kills and meat from the opponent packs so they have no food and either die or get badly effected.
(last 300 secs)
Spring - recover/hunting season
either use this season to recover damage sustained in winter or hunt down enemy packs while they are weak you can now cross the river again.
It is alot like autumn.
(last 400 secs)
The cycle then begins again. as you notice there is little detail to terrain as it's almost impossible to do when the terrain changes depending on the season so instead of future maps having more in deatail ground textures they will have actual better shapes as i terrained this myself and i am no good at terraining.

In this map there are some 'traps' for wolve's like places with will quite odviously kill you as well as secret wolve's and mini 'bosses'
I have also taken action to stop game time from becoming extensive witch people will find out if they play for a long time.

the map also has a computer ai (not a very good one at all)
witch will be modified for later versions so it can e played sinngle player.
for those who supplied some custom models i used I have thanked them in quests so they cannot complain :)
Tell me about all balancing problems so i can fix them
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update --> now seasons match proper time summer longest spring + autumn same lenght and winter shortest.
removed regeneration for wolve's so they can't 'outgrow' the effect of winter also added a new requirement of water.

set damage of winter to a percentage so now you can raise cubs in winter but all wolves wil die in same amount of time (100 secs......i think don't know for sure) without food also makes it harder to keep older wolves alive as they need more food than the cubs do keeping the game at a somewhat fair difficulty (players who have only been playing for a short time have a chance to win).

Pesky owls have been added to spring to slow down peoples recovery by taking the food so they are vunerable a bit longer.

Also added a new BOSS This is for the winner of the game it's bascally a skill-o-meter as the closer you are to killng him the better at the game you are if you manage to kill the boss you can call yourself a pro at the game as it's very difficult. :)

Also fixed three bugs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is still a beta test as i need to now if the game will be any good as a proper one with many versions!

if you really whant to know the names of the secret wolves this will tell you but i wont tell you how to get them
Burning wolf
chemical wolf
Armoured wolf
Vengful undead wolf
thats all the one in the current version but it's not ment to be a very complex game anyway :D

If you REALLY HAVE to know how to get them you can
By finding tht out for yourself mwahahahha i know this is a bit random but oh well if you read this is just points out how desperately you want to kno witch is good for me :D

Remember to actually download the map rather than just reading what it is :D
as well as give me some feedback as i have reached a point in witch i don't know what i could do to make it better but still keep it simple. Thx 2 all those who do

Attachments

• Wolve forest beta 1.w3x
    872.9 KB · Views: 216

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Wolf Pack is an already made game. Why not change the name?

Infernal

Reaction score
Is it?? :banghead:
Neva hered of the game but yeah i will change the name 2 summit else maybe wolf forest or summit :)
anyway i will constantly update the map with new ideas and balancing as well as more realistic Seasons.
Just post some ideas for the map to make it better and your veiws on potential and stuff

New ver for download....well not so much a ver but a bug fix and sum extra stuff >.>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my cool avatar :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.