Weird Woman on an Oxygen Machine Dies After Energy Firm Switches off Power

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A New Zealand woman on an oxygen machine died after an energy firm switched off her power supply because of unpaid bills, her family claims.

Folole Muliaga, a 44-year-old mother of four, died within two hours of the electricity being switched off at her home in the northern city of Auckland.

Police said they were investigating the circumstances of Mrs Muliaga's death.

The power company, Mercury Energy, said it had been unaware any disconnection would put her life at risk.

Last edited:
M

Marduke

Not sure how they could win, since it will basically be 'He said, She said'.

Even if they did tell the worker, he could just go on the stand and say he didn't talk to anyone at all.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
I felt bad for this poor woman not being able to pay her bills, until I saw that she had a 20 year old son living there....helloooo? What's to stop him from working?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Not sure how they could win, since it will basically be 'He said, She said'.

Even if they did tell the worker, he could just go on the stand and say he didn't talk to anyone at all.

Yeah, that's called purgatory, and it's illegal. He would go to jail for that.

M

Marduke

Yeah, that's called purgatory, and it's illegal. He would go to jail for that.

First of all, it's called purgery. Purgatory is where Catholic people believe souls go temporarily to pay for their sins and become cleansed so they can enter heaven. Thanks for the laugh, though, heh.

Anyways, how the hell would you know he's lying if there are no witnesses other than the plaintiffs? That was my point.

And I don't have a hard time believing that if someone actually did turn off the electricity knowing it could kill someone, they wouldn't be morally against lying in court - especially since he could face possible manslaughter charges (if not worse) for her death.

But, perhaps the family is lying that they told him so that they can sue? Who knows.

Personally I'm a lot more suspicious of the family then the electric company. Seems like they could have done a lot more to save her life, such as, you know...going to a neighbor's house and using the electrical outlet until you get the situation sorted out.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
It's official now! The one and only Seth Cross informs us that we CANNOT cleanse ourselves of our sins before we go to heaven anymore, or otherwise we will be arrested!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
First of all, it's called purgery. Purgatory is where Catholic people believe souls go temporarily to pay for their sins and become cleansed so they can enter heaven. Thanks for the laugh, though, heh.

Whoops, typo. Got them mixed up o_O Sorry about that.

Anyways, how the hell would you know he's lying if there are no witnesses other than the plaintiffs? That was my point.

THAT would be the plaintiffs job. To PROVE that he's lying. You can either make him look like a snob and a liar, or flat out PROVE he's a snob and a liar by digging in his background or something.

And I don't have a hard time believing that if someone actually did turn off the electricity knowing it could kill someone, they wouldn't be morally against lying in court - especially since he could face possible manslaughter charges (if not worse) for her death.

That's true, but that doesn't make it right or legal o_O

But, perhaps the family is lying that they told him so that they can sue? Who knows.

Once again. The lawyers' job to figure that one out.

Personally I'm a lot more suspicious of the family then the electric company. Seems like they could have done a lot more to save her life, such as, you know...going to a neighbor's house and using the electrical outlet until you get the situation sorted out.

They weren't home, possibly? The victim was asleep and they didn't think about it til it was too late? There's a number of possibilities, not all of them good :D

M

Marduke

Well thats what I get for posting at 12am while sick :p Purgatory was pretty funny though.

Anyways, so your mom is dying. All she needs is an electrical outlet for her breathing machine, you:

A. Call 911 and wait patiently for 2 hours.
B. Go to the neighbors house to use their plug, but they're not home - so you just go back home.
C. Break into the fucking neighbors house and save your Mom.

Hm....

Rad

Reaction score
Paramedics were called but she died within two hours of the power being cut, he added.

?... what the hell

pretty sure paramedics dont take 2 hours

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Do you think the paramedics were even called by the home-alone woman?
(I'm assuming she was home-alone)

M

Marduke

Do you think the paramedics were even called by the home-alone woman?
(I'm assuming she was home-alone)

When a company representative arrived at the house to disconnect the supply, they said they impressed upon him her dependency on the machine to stay alive.

They sort of implies more than 1 person. So assuming she wasn't home alone.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
then this statement:
'The power company, Mercury Energy, said it had been unaware any disconnection would put her life at risk.'
would be a lie

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.