World Editor Start Location

Kuroro Lucif

Reaction score
Hi. I'm quite new in WE for WC3. I'm just wondering how to make the start location without the building and the bunch of workers around (just like in DotA and other custom maps) ?

Thanks for your replies. :thup:

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Open your trigger editor. Then delete the trigger called "Melee Initialization"

EDIT: and welcome to the forums :thup:

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
^ Details: The melee initialisation trigger has many different actions, two of which spawn the building + creeps. You can delete those two actions or you can delete the entire trigger. It's upto you.

Kuroro Lucif

Reaction score
Just tried it and it works fine. Thanks for that.

I got another question here. What is a zone indicator?

On custom maps with hero tavern, I noticed that the author puts a circle of power around the tavern. But I'm wondering how did they make those circle of powers to be "owned" by player 1, 2, 3, so on. On Object Editor, I only see the circle of power at the Neutral Passive folder. And on the map that I was studying implementing the circle of power, I don't see multiple instances of it to be owned by each player.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
They most likely created a custom unit and made it so that it wasn't neutral passive so that it could be owned by players.

Simply go to stats -race, and change it to nightelf, Orc, human, or undead

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
No problem. I would recommend reading the forum rules and guidelines:

Last edited by a moderator:

millz-

Reaction score
Actually, you don't have to create a custom unit if you want your circle of power to be owned by player. Simply place the circle of power in your map using the main World Editor, then double click on the circle of power and choose the Owner.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Actually, you don't have to create a custom unit if you want your circle of power to be owned by player. Simply place the circle of power in your map using the main World Editor, then double click on the circle of power and choose the Owner.

Lol, forgot about that :p. This method is probably faster too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.