Zone control

M

mrPhobos

I started 2 days ago with this map. My vision is to make a map that is pretty mutch like a rts of its own where you will have to multitask alot.
It´s a 2 player map. I have a map with 36 towers (pretty big map, eatch tower has and aria that is the size of a semi large wc3 base). Eatch player starts with one tower and 2-4 units.
The rest 34 towers is weak neutral towers. You get 1 gold per tower every 10 seconds per tower you posess, so you gonna ruch out rigth away to take over the neutral ones (you take em over by killing em).
When you take over a tower it will be level 1, it will then level up after X number of seconds, you will be able to level it up by paying X gold per second it has left to level up by it self. The towers max level will be 10.
The towers get some skills at sertan levels and allow you to build sertan units, you will be able to build a few buildings.
I plan to include 3 races (orc human ud) since 4 is relly hard to balance, i havent made mutch choises on what units/skills the different races towers will have at different levels but i havea rough idea of how i whant the racial identeties to be.

There will be no heros, my vision is that it shall be best to spread out your forces over the whole map, the towers shall be very weak on low levels (1 basic unit shall be able to take 1 lv1 tower easely).

I was a bit unsure about the name since there alredy is a starcraft zonecontroll (this map will be nothing like that one), but this was the best i figured out (ideas apreechiated).
I thougth about mixing the names starcraft and warcraft since it is a warcraft map but more like starcraft playstyle. I thougth first to take first half of starcraft and second of warcraft star+craft=starcraft, it felt kind of taken so i didnt go for that one. Then i thougth that i could take the first half of starcraft and the first half of warcraft star+war=starwars :banghead: also felt king of taken.... warstar doesent sound good since it relly have nothing to do with the map (aint no stars who make wars :/).

I am still strugeling with some trigger fixing (need help, have posted in help section). I´m also not god at making maps (i mean how they look), i whant it to be gnoll wood style but bigger and no fontain/shops, but rigth now its just a square grass field with a few trees.

so the following would be aprechiated:
(1) Ideas for mapname
(2) someone who can and feel like making a nice warcraft map (just the terain, no trigger or stuff).
(3) feedback on what you think about the idea
(4) help in my thread in the help section

I´m pretty sure i will make this map finiched.

M

mrPhobos

hm, well it can look similar but there will be big differenses. In risk you are relly zoomed out, you get units automaticly, you get very many units, its like paths everywhere (you can mostly move in 2 directions). I´m gonna use the same zoom as in normal wc3, i will have fewer units and you wont get units automaycly. You towers will get stronger, and get abilities, you can build buildnings. It´s alot more like starcraft/warcraft then risk.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
How bout ZoneWars?

Or War of the (insert number of zones) Zones?

thats all i got :D

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.