ZoneWars

M

mrPhobos

i renamed this project from zonecontrol to ZoneWars (Bananamans idea,thx).

This map is gonna be 36 towers spread out over a map. You will be able to select between orc ud and human. You start with 1 tower. Then you shall take over the other. When 1 player got all towers he wins. You get 1 gold/10 sec per tower you have. You take them over by destroy them.
The towers level up after a period of time, witch make you able to build new units. Towers also get some abilities and get stronger when they level up.

My intention is that you will have to split you army and multitask alot, and always have to play agresive. This map will be more of wc3/sc micro/macro then the typical custom map (dota/starcraft zonecontroll/risk/td....).

I have made the units with semi balanced stats :D and most of the triggers involving the towers.
I have decided the units and towers abilities but have not added them yet.
So a beta version will probably be redy soon, when i do i would like some testers to play with to test whats imba.

here is the stats:
View attachment Unit stats.txt

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Nice looks like fun.......Contact me when its done i wanna beta test :D

M

mrPhobos

Hm, if someone feel like making custom spells it would be nice. I have no experiense in this, i will be able to make all the spells i whant (i guess, not 100% sure) but it will take some time so help with making them in the editor would be nice. So if some1 wanna help me send me a mail or add me to msn ([email protected]), i got mirc to if you perfer that.

The spells i Wanna have is the following (the compleete list) none cost mana.

Defend ------ Only take 10% fromm piercing attacks

Slow -------- Slows attackspeed by 10 % and movespeed by 50% for 7 sec 700 caste range, 20 sec cd. Autocast

SnipeShot ------- Attacks unit (1 attack) with tripple damage at 3000 range,60 sec cd

Rage ------- Gains 2x damage but lose 5% hp/attack. autocast

Berserk ------ Gains 50% more damage and 50 extra movespeed but you lose controll over the unit, Last 15 seconds. 40 sec cd

Poison spear ------ Attack that slows movespeed by 50% and attackspeed by 25% for 2 sec. 20 sec cd. Autocast

Taunt ------- Forces all enemys in 550 range to attack this unit for 2
seconds. 40 sec cd.

stomp ------ Stunnes all enemys in 150 aoe for 4 sec. 80 sec cd

cloak ------- Makes the unit invisible for 60 sec. 120 sec cd

Run away ----- Increses movespeed by 200 and defens by 5 but decreeses
damage to 1 last 20 seconds. 60 sec cd.

Burrow ---- Burrows the unit to let it attack from under the ground. Burrow takes 15 sec unburrow takes 5 sec

Sentry ward ---- summons ward to detect invisible units. Have 1300 line of sigth. Last 120 sec. 60 sec cd

Eat ------ Eat on an oponent, damage for 100 hp and heal you for 200 hp. Disables both you and the oponent for 3 sec. 90 sec cd

statue form ----- Transforms to a statue, takes 10 sec. reverse transfrom takes 10 sec

Rangers coil ---- Heals for 400 hp. 1500 Range. 90 sec cd. autocast

Sell unit ------ Kills a unit and gives you 25% of its cost back, 1500 range. 15 sec cd.

Greater sell ---- Kills a unit and gives you 25% of its cost back, unlimited rane. 15 sec cd.

Invisibility ----- Makes a unit invisible, break on attack. Last 120 sec. 7 sec cd.

Invis With fadetime ------ Makes a unit invisible, break on attack but fade after 3 sec. last 120 sec. 7 sec cd.

Unbreakable invis -------- Makes a unit invisible. will not be broken even if he attacks. last 120 sec. 7 sec cd.

Mass teleport to tower---- Teleports all units in 1500 range to targetet ally tower. 180 sec cd.

Mass teleport ------- Teleports all units in 1500 range to targetet ally unit or tower. 180 sec cd.

Healing salve -------- Heals a unit for 20hp/sec for 10 sec dispell if attacked, cost 8 gold.1500 range. 0 sec cd.

Greater Healing salve ---- Heals a unit for 40hp/sec for 10 sec dispell if attacked, cost 10 gold. 1500 range.

Bloodlust --------- Gives a targeted unit 30 extra movespeed and 25% extra damage for 60 seconds. 1500 range. 10 sec cd. autocast

Greater bloodlust ------ Gives all units in 1500 range 30 extra movespeed and 25% extra damage for 60 seconds. 90 sec cd.

Staff -------- Unlimited range, staffs a unit to the tower and heals it for 20hp/sec till its fully healed.60 sec cd

Heal coil ------ Heals a ally unit for 100 hp. Has 1500 range. 15 sec cd. autocast.

Greater coil ------ Heals a ally unit for 200 hp. Has 1500 range. 15 sec cd. autocast.

Speedbonus ------ Gives all units in 400 aoe a 200 movespeed bonus for 50 sec, has 1500 range. 120 sec cd.

Tower Bonus amor ------- Gives a tower 20 bonus armor for 60 sec. Unlimited range. 90 sec cd.

Bonus Armor ----- Gives a unit 20 bonus armor for 60 sec. Unlimited range. 90 sec cd.

Invis Tower -------- Invis a tower for 60 sec. 90 sec cd.

**********************************'
Im not asking annyone to do em all, just wanna have a little help :eek:
And don´t trouble yourself posting how to make the spells here couse its mostly the actuall making that i whant help with.

M

mrPhobos

I would relly aprichiate some help in doing the custom abilities for this map :eek: it was mutch harder then i expected:(
i uppload the map here so you can look at it and se if you are interested in helping (note, the terrain should not look like that, i just havent done the terrain yet, i will try to make it in the style of gnoll wood but with this size).
View attachment zonecontroll.w3x

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Defend - You can just edit it's values. Easy.

Slow - Still, change the values

Rage - Have a spellbook which has a Critical Strike ability with 2 times damage and 100% chance. Disable the spellbook for the player (Player - Disable [ability] for [player]) and add it when the unit casts teh spell. Then this for minus damage.
Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
    (Level of (Critical Strike) for (Attacking Unit)) Greater than 0
Actions
    Unit - Remove [Spellbook ability] from (Attacking Unit)
    Unit - Set life of (Attacking Unit) to (Percent life of (Attacking Unit)) - 5.00

Berserk - Add this action when he casts and change it back when the duration is finished by wait.
Actions: Player - Make (Owner of (Casting Unit)) treat (Owner of (Casting Unit)) to Neutral with Shared Vision
To turn it back..
Player - Make (Owner of (Casting Unit)) treat (Owner of (Casting Unit)) to Ally with full shared control

I'm just too lazy for now so I'll continue tomorrow..

M

mrPhobos

Defend-works
slow-works
rage-i use potm´s arrows as ground skill since i whant it to be autocast when you attack something.
The event "unit-a unit begins casting a ability" is not runned when it autocast, only when i cast manually so it dont work when i autocast :/
also the crit seems to not work at all together with potm´s searing arrows:(

berserk-
Player - Make (Owner of (Casting Unit)) treat (Owner of (Casting Unit)) to Neutral with Shared Vision
that do not work for me. I don´t understand what it should do,like set you as neutral to your self :/, i also don´t se how this could remove my controll of the unit who use the spell since there is no reference to him:(

these tho where 2 of the one i have had big problems with :/

but thanks for the help annyway

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.