Technology Apple Watch sales plunge 90%

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Sales of the new Apple Watch have plunged by 90% since the opening week, according to a new market-research report.

Apple AAPL, +0.09% has been selling fewer than 20,000 watches a day in the U.S. since the initial surge in April, and on some days fewer than 10,000, according to data from Palo Alto, Calif.-based Slice Intelligence.

That is a sharp decline from the week of the April 10 launch, when Apple sold about 1.5 million watches, or an average of about 200,000 a day, Slice estimates.

Furthermore, two-thirds of the watches sold so far have been the lower-profit “Sport” version, whose price starts at $349, according to Slice, rather than the costlier and more advanced models that start at $549.

In an ambitious bid for the luxury market, Apple also unveiled a gold “Edition” model priced at $10,000 or more. So far, fewer than 2,000 of them have been sold in the U.S., Slice contends.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This was one of their worst ideas. Haven't they noticed how people under forty have stopped wearing watches for the most part? It's because they have a fucking clock in their pocket already. On their computer. Who the fuck wants a crappier computer that they have to wear on their wrist when they already have a decent computer that just slips into their pocket? Dumb, dumb bastards.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Because apple is copying every move that asian companies are doing. Some asian company produced the first crappy smartphones => apple produces its own smartphones.
Some company produces the first smart watches => apple produces smart watches.

This is their business model. Do what others do but put our logo on it.

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
10.000 * 2.000 = 200.000.000 still quite impressive considering the fact that this is an insanely overpriced luxury item

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I like wearing watches, but a traditional watch, as at this point it's more just a fashion accessory.
But still, I find it handy (ha ha) to have a watch. Literally saves me 2 seconds so I don't have to pull my phone out, especially in places sometimes when I'm too lazy to pull out my phone. Yes.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I use it at work all the time. But only for one thing, I can literally think of no other uses I would have for a watch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.