News Maple syrup worth up to $30M stolen

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Thieves in Quebec have made off with a massive haul of maple syrup worth up to $30 million in an unusual burglary targeting the world's most important association of producers of the Canadian confection. Quebec provincial police are investigating after the Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers, in an inventory check of one of its warehouses, noticed that a large number of the barrels it uses to store its maple syrup were empty.

The warehouse, in St-Louis-de-Blandford, 160 kilometres northeast of Montreal, held about 3.4 million litres of bulk maple syrup and is part of a global strategic reserve of the sticky liquid.

A pretty sticky situation eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

FireCat

Reaction score
How? Just how can you possibly steal 3.4 million L?
Well, they maybe Just sucked it up the syrup from barrels and somehow transferred it into other containers .Or they took the whole barrels with them.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
But how? Thats not something you can carry with yourself.
Its 2.3 god damn million liters.
You would need like several dozen tank wagons to transport this amount.
And how do you get it out of the f*cking barrels and leave the barrels behind?
And nobody notices it.
This is so wrong in so many ways.

FireCat

Reaction score
Hmm Maybe they Just switched the barrels or something? Well, and aren't tanks pretty big nowadays? Anyway. It doesn't seems impossible!

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
honestly this sounds like it might be an inventory mistake where an accountant put an extra 0 somewhere or maybe ants/something came in and emptied the barrels? I dunno.. but it sounds odd - Accname is right, this would have been like an operation that took a lot of trucks over a period of several months to complete..

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Don't understand why they go the distance just to steal maple syrup. I'd rather steal $1m worth of gold/cash than $30m worth of syrup. =.=

Could be the work of an angry competitor. Sides, it's not easy to hide 3.4m L. Guess they drain them off the sea or something...

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Don't understand why they go the distance just to steal maple syrup. I'd rather steal $1m worth of gold/cash than $30m worth of syrup. =.=

Could be the work of an angry competitor. Sides, it's not easy to hide 3.4m L. Guess they drain them off the sea or something...

it wouldnt be hard to notice a huge area of fish dying or something like that from 3.4m Litres of sugar.

honestly tho how is it possible to transfer that amount of mass... lets assume you have 10 trucks each can carry 1000L and takes 20 minutes to load and 20 minutes to transfer. So that makes 40 minutes per 1000L x 10. 10 000L every 40 minutes would take 6 hours to complete. Is this even possible?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Such a truck can load about 30000 to 50000 liters. That would be between 50 and 80 trucks.
But the real problem is in my opinion not just the transporting, what is bugging me is how you can load the trucks. You have thousands of barrels standing there and after the job you leave those barrels empty.
Whad did you do? Suck them out?

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
You guys are dense.

It was clearly aliens.

tumblr_m5bcch8ivq1r0vr9eo2_500.png

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
"The stock of syrup was insured, the federation said, so its members will not lose financially."

Methinks they "lost" it purposely...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember seeing this story and thinking I should post this but I did not have time. Glad to see it made it. That amount of money is alot. Maple Syrup is mob type stuff.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
global strategic reserve

Are you fucking kidding me? There is not only a reserve, but a GLOBAL reserve of maple syrup? Just in case the world suddenly ALL needs maple syrup?

FireCat

Reaction score
Are you fucking kidding me? There is not only a reserve, but a GLOBAL reserve of maple syrup? Just in case the world suddenly ALL needs maple syrup?
Maple Syrup is serious business!

Pancakes= maple syrup = $

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.