800x600 16 bit color mode

DrStyles

Reaction score
How can I make a program always run in 800x600 16 bit color mode without having the dialog window popping up and telling me. (It asks if I want to run in 800x600 16 bit color mode, if I choose 'No' then it just exits, so I always want to run it without the pop up.)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
it depends on the program, but sometimes you can create a shortcut and then modify the "target" line and add a command that says to run it in such and such mode, but you would need to search and find out what that command is for that specific program

alternatives would be to have a program that changes your desktop's resolution and colors to that and then runs the program, and stays in the background and then restores your desktop colors/resolution when it sees the program is closed, but that requires some coding/scripting on your part

DrStyles

Reaction score
Thanks, but where can I find a list of these? I can't find general commands like "-window" or whatever mode.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
-vidmode w,h,r Forces the game to run at width, height, update.
This command can be used to reset the game to a width, height, and update rate that your computer and monitor can work with if you set them incorrectly in the game. The following are two example uses of this parameter:
–vidmode 800,600,60
–vidmode 800,600,85

Dunno if it works for things other than games (and specifically Halo)

Got from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830487

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.