Adding armor to creeps

gMThunder

Reaction score
okay. so i have 3 difficulties for my td. and each is displayed by dialog buttons. so i have a voting system. and if more people picked hard then hard is game type. same for easy and insane. So, i want it so that iif hard is the difficulty picked then the creeps get 4 armor added on to their base armor. If insane mode is picked, it adds 8 armor to creeps. But the problem is, it is a td, so i need it to add armor depending on difficulty to every level.

hope this made sense? HELP!!

You could make a dummy ability based off Devotion Aura and then when a creep is created, you can add the ability, based on the level of difficulty chosen.

Example: Difficulty is easy, add a low armour bonus.

It is probably best to make 3 different abilities.

Make an upgrade based off Animal War Training.

Make the Animal War Training increase armor.

After you decide the difficulty research Animal War Training for the creep player.

In the Object Manager make all your creeps use the Animal War Training upgrade.

This is the trigger I use in my map:
Code:
Difficulty Chosen
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 15.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        If ((NormalVote Greater than HardVote) and (NormalVote Greater than InsaneVote)) then do (Set HighVote = NormalVote) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((HardVote Greater than NormalVote) and (HardVote Greater than InsaneVote)) then do (Set HighVote = HardVote) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((InsaneVote Greater than NormalVote) and (InsaneVote Greater than HardVote)) then do (Set HighVote = InsaneVote) else do (Do nothing)
        If (NormalVote Equal to HighVote) then do (Set Difficulty = 1) else do (Do nothing)
        If (HardVote Equal to HighVote) then do (Set Difficulty = 2) else do (Do nothing)
        If (InsaneVote Equal to HighVote) then do (Set Difficulty = 3) else do (Do nothing)
        -------- If there is a tie for highvote --------
        If (HighVote Equal to 0) then do (If (NormalVote Equal to HardVote) then do (Set Difficulty = 1) else do (If (NormalVote Equal to InsaneVote) then do (Set Difficulty = 2) else do (If (HardVote Equal to InsaneVote) then do (Set Difficulty = 2) else do (Do nothing)))) else do (Do nothing)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Difficulty Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Set CreepSpawnNumber = 10
                Set NumWaves[0] = 0
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        Difficulty Equal to 2
                    Then - Actions
                        Player - Set the current research level of Hard Upgrade  to 1 for Player 12 (Brown)
                        Set NumWaves[0] = 1
                        Set CreepSpawnNumber = 15
                    Else - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                Difficulty Equal to 3
                            Then - Actions
                                Player - Set the current research level of Insane Upgade  to 1 for Player 12 (Brown)
                                Set NumWaves[0] = 2
                                Set CreepSpawnNumber = 15
                                Sound - Play O04Mannoroth38 <gen>
                                Sound - Set volume of (Last played sound) to 100.00%
                                Wait 7.00 seconds
                                Sound - Stop (Last played sound) After fading
                            Else - Actions
                                Do nothing

Well, basically, in the trigger that creates units add the action Unit - Add Easy Mode to (Last Created Unit). It must be added just after the creep is created.

Red = dummy ability

okay so dmshu, i created the upgrades. but how do iknow how much armor it gives to the creeps? i want the hard upgrade to add 4 armor and the insane upgrade to add 8?? how do i know how much it adds?

Code:
Untitled Trigger 003
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing armor as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set the current research level of armor bonus  to ((Current research level of armor bonus  for Player 1 (Red)) + 4) for Player 1 (Red)

That event will increase all unit's armor to the research level of the Armor Bonus upgrade (Animal War Training w/ the effect of Apply Defense Upgrade Bonus)

The amount each level of the Animal War Training for mine is +1 because that is the data in the object editor on the unit. Set all your units Combat - Defense Upgrade Bonus fields to 1 so that it will match the level you set the Armor Bonus Upgrade to.

Just change the + # on the action to increase it by 4 or 8 depending on your difficulty.

well i made a building this time instead. a dummy building. and when difficulty is picked and it is registerd it creates a certain unit that casts an ability based off devotion. It is supposed to add armor depending on level. But it doesnt seem to cast the ability because when the level 1 starts and the unit runs through the maze, his armor is not increased

Post your trigger that decides what the difficulty will be and tell me what force controls the units that run your maze and I will edit it accordingly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.