ALL World Editors (Including Normal Blizzard One) Crashes When I Save ANY Map

T

thelordof

Who said anything about removing ROC? I said with only ROC installed same thing happens. Before it was happening with ROC and TFT installed.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Whats the version of your patch anyway? Did you have other files in the directory rather than the original files?

T

thelordof

I tried it both unpatched and with 1.21... and no there was nothing in the install directory.

FhelZone

Reaction score
I said you try to download 1.21b, you were 2 versions away.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Well, try to backup your ISO somewhere, and don't mount it on any drive. Open your WE, and you might also want to tell us what was your map and what was in it. You might have something wrong with your map instead, have you tried saving with other maps?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
If you didn't use the regular cds when you installed warcraft, that's probably the problem. The only option I know of is to go and re-purchase the game again. Even if you bought the game before, we don't support pirated versions of the game or cd-cracks here. I don't know much about them myself, but from what I've seen world editor doesn't work with those programs.

FhelZone

Reaction score
He said he had no other foreign junks in his warcraft directory. Fake warcrafts use them.

T

thelordof

I reinstalled recently using my friend's WC3 CD's... legit... The ISO isn't mounted and is backed up on a removable hard drive that is not connected to my computer. And any map (Even if I just hit new map then try to save) crashes WE.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
It could be something wrong with your computer. Maybe there isn't enough room for the file to be saved?

T

thelordof

Over 500gb of space :) Anyways, I'll post a screenshot in a few.

T

thelordof

I save a newly created map to a hard drive with more than enough space.
shot1jf3.jpg

It runs into an error.
shot2oz3.jpg

Details of Error.
shot3pv6.jpg

Technical Details of Error
shot4le0.jpg

T

thelordof

On a side note when it is saving the part where the status bar (indicating what it is saving at the moment) gets to is Generating Map Script and below it states that it's working on the Header.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I'd reccomend this be moved to the general tech help forum, you might have more luck there than here.

T

thelordof

Either or, I'm currently in contacts with a Blizzard support staff via Email... he's been nice and tried to help, but so far no luck... He tried to get me to remove Daemon Tools, did so, didn't help at all. I'm getting tired of all this and just want it fixed. If you think I'd have more look in the General Tech Support Forums then moving it there would be great.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
looking at all the posts i say suming is interfearing with your Warcraft3 III. I had those exact errors for 2 days sraight drove me flipping mad untill i uninstalled some sercruity software that was out of date. I dunno if its the same with u but it looks like you have sum kinda tool messing it

T

thelordof

Any clues on what it could be... this is Factory Default XP, with a couple Drivers, DirectX 9c and WC3....

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
if you bother to re-install WC3, try manually deleting EVERYTHING that remains in the Warcraft folder in Program Files after uninstalling. maybe there is something that was left unnoticed in the folder thats causing problems, there can be some really nasty stuff (i had a map before which forced me to reformat my PC because of svchost errors everytime i started the PC)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.