WIP An Icon is Born (Tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been waiting for you to make a tutorial about your kick-ass icons GooS!

And I am not dissapointed, for a WIP it is amazing! :thup:

Any chance you could add Fire, Poison and other common effects used on weapons?

Still a WIP, fire and poison will probably be added under Advanced Effects which is not done yet.

ok my sword looks good but the handel is S*** go into further dtail on the lines on the handel plox other than that its good

I'll try to make it more clear :)

This will be a good tutorial when it's finished. It's already good as it is now. Good luck with it.

Thx mate, and yeah I WILL finish it, I've just had to much to do lately :/

I have been waiting for you to make a tutorial about your kick-ass icons GooS!

And I am not dissapointed, for a WIP it is amazing!

Thx ^^

---------------------------------------

As for the color things, I have already made thoose descriptions and they are somewhat like your's, I probably won't update this thread though as the tutorial is nearing completion.

Woa nice tutorial!

Here's my sword :)

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Seeing as a few of your colors are missing, Yellow tends to be something "Holy"-related, and Purple tends to be Unholy or Death magic (especially if it's purple and green = undeath or purple and red = demonic)

Off topic to ghostwind:
The magic words here are "tends to be".
I can use a sword with a golden shining effect and call it sword of darkness if I want. It would not be conventional, but it would still be right if the map/game/book and so on, I am working on has that in the "story" or "rules".
That is the nice thing about fantasy, everything goes:cool:

And to goos:
Really great tutorial. I think I will install gimp2 again just to try this thing out:)
This can help people with more than warcraft actually. I can make use of this for the game that I am working on:) +rep to goos

Edit:
I need to add that after trying it, I need to ask: Do you use gimp? beacuse I do and I could not make any sense at all out of that:(
This is just a suggestion, but can't you make some kind of , crap, don't know the english word for it "tabeller".
like this:

Brushsize: 2
Opacity: 15%
and so on..
for each isntance of the tutorial, just to make it easier to understand for us beginners?

Hm... I read your tutorial, just for the ideas. I used them and after 10 minutes of freehad drawing this is what i got:
bdbed1d13b06e6ef.jpg

4bc44c771ebc9a54.jpg

It was my first try ever! Well I sugjest that you add shield/armor/gems/coins tutorials as well. Why not make it a really big tutorial? Good job so far!

This is mine (i made lil different than guide)

Crystalforged%20Sword.jpg

This was the first time i used Photoshop "for real" (b4 i've only liquified stuff for fun) and imo it wasn't bad at all. Very Pro guide, keep it up!

note: It would be nice if u add other things too.

This tutorial is great! Have been finding something like this, but always end up with the importing stuff. This time I found it finally.

Why is this in the Members' projects section and not in the Tutorials section? Just curious...
And, oh, great tutorial :D I do quite alot of these things in Photoshop myself, and your tutorial is brilliant :D :D

Why is this in the Members' projects section and not in the Tutorials section? Just curious...
And, oh, great tutorial :D I do quite alot of these things in Photoshop myself, and your tutorial is brilliant :D :D

Because it's a WIP, hopefully I will get to work finishing it sometime soon, but I'm gonna finish the pile-up of requests first :)

//==GooS

well you know not evory one has photoshop :nuts: all i have is paint so do something for it or something :thdown:

You could always "buy" it.
(I assume I could say that :D There have been many others saying similar things, for example: You cannot export/change any model made in Maya into a .mdx or .mdl format. "Buy" 3DSMax 5 or find Milkshape somewhere.)

Or, use The Gimp, a free application similar to PS.

It's not really possible to make a tutorial for MS Paint.
It's so complicated to use, that nobody in the world knows how to.

I suggest getting The GIMP. It's free, and similar to Photoshop.

first off IM NOT GOING TO BUY IT :nuts:
and i never heard of gimp i realy dont want to try it

There's no need to buy anything.
Just use The GIMP. Link in post #33.

You know, you could buy Photoshop Elements for a tenth of PS's price - if it turns out you don't like The Gimp ;)

well heres my sword :banghead: randor i dont have anything to buy any products so i cant get it

Attachments

• sword.jpg
    sword.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 310
Absolutely great tutorial. ;)

I learned alot. :)

This is my sword:
btnsimplesword.png

(Sorry for later posting ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.