[Andrewgosus problem section]

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Tried it. It still give 2-4 not +10.

EDIT: Funny, i could set that + 100, it still give 2-4 instead of 100.

Mullit

Reaction score
if they are all supposed to have the same max life why dont you just do 'set max life to X'

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Umm. I have to mention that Archer has 40 Hp, Ranger has 50 Hp.

When a Archer has been damaged in the battle, and has 25 hp and the player just has finised the upgrade, I want the damaged archer to be replaced by the upgrade ranger with the relative life of the Archer and then add +10 hp to the ranger so it would have 35 hp because of the upgrade bonus.
The other undamaged archers with 40 hp just simply would be replaced by the ranger with 50 health.(That the trigger does)

Mullit

Reaction score
i dont know how this would make a difference but i suppose its worth a try.
create an integer variable and set it to 10 at map init.
then use ((life of(picked unit))+Var)

L

Lordbevan

Picked unit is wrong becos the unit has been replaced. So use last replaced unit.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Problem 11:

1)Is there a way to replace the spell blizzard shards with disease cloud?

2)Is there a way to make death and decay take away 25 mana points while it is being casted and when mana reaches zero, the spell is stopped. (Normal Death and Decay takes 250 mana and when is being cast it goes on for about 30 secs, while the aster can move elsewhere)

lllidan

Reaction score
1) You can't it seems for blizzard. Why not use another similar spell like starfall (bad example but you get it)

2) What I'd do is base the actual spell off immolation, while once you cast "immolation" use a dummy caster to cast death and decay. Also you can keep him "paused" if you want to, and then have a trigger once the immolation stops, the dummy stops. (I'd use the buff immolation to check once he's out of mana, to Nightelf-De-immolate (or w/e) that's the best way)

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Problem 13:

How can I change the the value to - something. Like HP regen -25 like phoenix. (I dont want to base it off phoenix.) Every time when I put the "-" sign in front of it, the whole value goes to 0.00.

(What is a good spell to base it off, to increase movement speed. I need Bloodlust so I cant an I dont want to base it off that, any ideas?)

darth-yoda

Reaction score
For the first one go to File > Prefrences(I think) then click the tab that says "Allow negitive values" and that should do the trick.
As for you other question you could try Unholy Frenzy and just set it's Hp drain to 0. That what I used for one of my maps.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Problem 14:

Code:
Haste
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Haste (Warlock)
    Actions
        Unit - Set (Target unit of ability being cast) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Target unit of ability being cast)) x 1.50)
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Unit - Set (Target unit of ability being cast) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Target unit of ability being cast))

All lines work exept for the very last one. The unit doesnt regain its default movement speed. I tried to divide the movement speed by 1.5 (Because I multiplied it by 1.5 earlier) but it didnt work. Any ideas?

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Ok, ty, ill try. But im a total nimcampoop when it comes to variables.:)

I changed my panda with a jumping ogre from War 2 lol!:D

EDIT:

Code:
Haste Movement Speed
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Haste_Movement_Speed = (Target unit of ability being cast)

Code:
Haste
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Set Haste_Movement_Speed movement speed to ((Current movement speed of Haste_Movement_Speed) x 1.50)
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Unit - Set Haste_Movement_Speed movement speed to (Default movement speed of Haste_Movement_Speed)

Man, I screwed something up. :cool: Now it completely doesnt work.

C

Chele

You don't need to set the variable at map initialization because the target will be different each time you cast the spell. I'll post the right trigger on a second.
Edit:
Code:
Haste
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set [COLOR=Red]target[/COLOR] = Target unit of ability being cast
        Unit - Set ([COLOR=Red]target[/COLOR]) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of ([COLOR=Red]target[/COLOR])) x 1.50)
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Unit - Set ([COLOR=Red]target[/COLOR]) movement speed to (Default movement speed of ([COLOR=Red]target[/COLOR]))
Change target for whatever name the variable has.

Edit 2: Still can't see your avatar :p .

Edit 3: Your trigger will not work if Haste is casted more than once in 30 seconds :( .

D

Dino.pl

If you want your haste ability to be multiinstanceable (MUI), you need local variables.
You can't use local variables in GUI, you'd have to convert it into JASS.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Right, I forgot about the blablabla JASS part of the trigger enchanted spells. Hmmm, I gotto ask in the jass section then and hopefully I can find a person who could help a dummy like me.

Ty for help everybody.

PS: Chele, you seem to be nice, do you have a bnet account? Maybe we could play a footie or a TD together sometime.:)

Mullit

Reaction score
for haste you could use a negative value for slow and set the duration to 30 seconds. i'm not sure this will work, ive nevver needed it, but if it does work then its better than triggering it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.