Black and White/Fable - (name pending)

A

ApocRhino

i can touch up terrain to make it even cooler if ya want..im good with that stuff

Drazalon

Reaction score
lol i let it go... my rpg its still in progress, im still thinking. ill be glad to help u guys although =]. excuse me earlier, dunno what i was thinking

R

RomanKing

Srry guys im in the middle of moving, right now im on my laptop in a hotel room, so if anyone wants to start on this map go ahead, then once i get moved in wich will be like a week u can post and i can work on it too

T

TheTacoBellD

RomanKing said:
Srry guys im in the middle of moving, right now im on my laptop in a hotel room, so if anyone wants to start on this map go ahead, then once i get moved in wich will be like a week u can post and i can work on it too

Ok, I'll make the map . . . But do you want just terrain or just triggers or both or . . . whatever I'll just start.

T

TheTacoBellD

RomanKing said:
just start with the terrain, hopefully i can get setle in my apartment fast once i get there and then we can discuss triggers, but make sure the map is 256x256, and leave room for temples-or make them, 3 good, 3 evil, 3 neutral

LOL I had 160x160 . . . START OVER! Oh and PM me your e-mail. I can send you the map when I'm done.

R

RomanKing

sorry i already started on it...but when i am done u caan touch it up...?

T

TheTacoBellD

RomanKing said:
sorry i already started on it...but when i am done u caan touch it up..., or u make 1 and i make 1 and whoevers is better?

I'd rather you make it since I am making many heroes for many different people and times-a-wastin'. I can touch it up though sure. And I'd still love to help with quests/heroes/triggers

T

TheTacoBellD

RomanKing said:
lol thanks, I'm trying to think up more scenarios to do good or evil so if you come up with some just let me know

SCREENSHOT-Evil Temple, pray here and get more evil points

http://myspace-618.vo.llnwd.net/01033/81/61/1033901618_l.jpg

Make it so you can only pray at a temple once a day/week. Otherwise it'd just unfair.

Oh and by the way, amazing progress, if I had made this map, it'd make everyone who played it cry . . .

As for scenarios:

SCENARIO 1:
Goblin Mine
In the mine that you made, you find a concerned miner. You ask him what's wrong and he says that he can tell that the mine will collapse soon. He gives you a hammer to crush a giant boulder so that he can shove the pieces into the holes while he gets all of the miners out. Now you can do two things:
The Good - Crush the boulder
The Bad - Slam that hammer straight into the wall ya evil bastard!

Drazalon

Reaction score
Terrainning Helps/ Helping too

hmmmm ill help although im rather good in creating swamps, marshes, dungeons, and cities. although... im ganna need someone to help me on my rpg and just make a terrain map as well cuz i dunno what to do.

In the mine that you made, you find a concerned miner. You ask him what's wrong and he says that he can tell that the mine will collapse soon
how do u propose to make the characters talk? A dialog system perhaps? or just on the quest? =/

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Erm yo roman king...

Hey dude, i was thinking, you could do a dialog system for each NPC, you could do 3 spell books.(dunno how to make? goto worldeditor tutorials)

-Basic Commands
*all ur crap goes here.... sleep, eat, talk to npc... you know ur misc stuff

-Offensive spells
*well, ur spells duh, i can help you out with this section

-up to you??
* i dunno bout this one, you could add passive abilties, or other stuff that might include good and evil

I can make pretty hero ideas, i mean with all the spells and all but processing it is different:p

Base ur hero off something, they start as nuetral, so you could select classes, at the start, you have like just peeps, liek E.g fire mage, neutral knight, Oh yes, about giving the units items like horns and stuff, not a good idea, it would be better to have a leaderboard, for example, u start at 1000
from 600-1100 would be a nuetral stance, then ur hero will change, i mean, like when u start off as a fire mage, u cud become darkfiremages and stuff,
then u have the extremist who rely totally on darkness eg 0-300 Then they have immense damage but skills involve sacrificial, and light has lol damage but lots of ally support. Wel, like that the map would be FFA. So basically your hero changes abit, when u gain or lose points, regarding the npc dialogue system, get it from wc3 search. Ok, so you have options like in fable or the bards tall. A begger comes up to you, he ask for spare change, you can give him some and earn gud points our kick him and move away, or you could ignor him. So these things contribute to points.

Oh yeah can i help? uve seen my map, that shows im not higly pro or anything, but i could be a spell maker, or resource finder.

Oh eyah i WOULD talk to you on msn messenger, but u said ull rather talk here :p :p Well, hope this has been useful! (forgive teh spelling)

rayquaza218

Reaction score
oops srry b4 posting that i didn't see the previous post, looks like u already started on the map, so terraining first right?? ill help out send me or pm or (for roman king) msn me the latest versions of the map.

Oh yeah, for dark, you could do stuff like drain power, anyone read the black magician trilogy??? Ok, so if ur pure evil you good do stuff like buy slaves, and drain them for energy, you might also let ppl have hideouts, where they can go into, so its liek building a way gate which only you can enter, (i can help you out with this np, i had something in one of my test maps). so under dark skills (in the dark spell book i told you about the third column) after becoming a extremeist you cannot change back, and is fated to follow the dark ways, so you get a dark spell book. And if u stay neutral or light long enuf same thing happens.

Oh yes about the dark. I read this book, and ppl kept slaves to drain power from them. You could do this BUT make sure you make slaves extremely expensive and the stats added a bit. YOu could add drainage options like kill drain. (in the book ppl did this when they needed mass powers at one go) Or just slight drainage, increases slightly and you can only do it once a day... Slaves r killable

For light... Hmm to counter balance it, you could make them able to summon powers of gods, they could call upon gods for help in battle or smthing, basically just skills. Or if u pray enough, a "angelic being' would follow u around and heal you. Liek after praying for five days in a row non stop. You gain the ability to do so but only once. then after that u have to go pray again.

You will need stashes and bag systems, if u can do a spell book bags shudn't be hard. PLZ DUN DO SSHIT LIKE A WISP FOLLOwS YOU AND IT CALLS ITSELF A BACK PACK, i hate that kind of crap.......

BTW, if u want me to help you i need to know whats happening, so i need both of ur emails and to keep me updated on what u want me to do or whats appening, now i still dunno wads happening.

(if you -rep from me cuz im double posting from trying to help, you must have a problem :nuts: )

FOR QUEST

YOu could make a same quest, except alternative for the three classes, neutrals are mercenaries who get rich from doing quest, but not very powerful, holy peeps get favors,(god summons in ur spell book of light) so its like, i finish that save the chicken quest! for dark ppl, activating the quest will be threatinign it outta sppl, mercenaries is offering ur help, light is volunteering. After that, the dark person soughts to kill the chicken and bring the ???person??? misery, the mercenaries in it for the $$$, and the holy does it for "nothing" But later gets summons) I know how to add or remove spells, who doesn't??? but i can help u out with this sorta stuff.......

:banghead: this is gonna take forever.... :nuts:

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Drazalon said:
hmmmm ill help although im rather good in creating swamps, marshes, dungeons, and cities. although... im ganna need someone to help me on my rpg and just make a terrain map as well cuz i dunno what to do.

how do u propose to make the characters talk? A dialog system perhaps? or just on the quest? =/

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1781&sid=7c95eb0b3473be11062925d9776f2ce4

A very useful BANK SYSTEM WEE

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1602&sid=7c95eb0b3473be11062925d9776f2ce4

Another one decide for urself which is better

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1403&sid=7c95eb0b3473be11062925d9776f2ce4

Black smith...

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1359&sid=7c95eb0b3473be11062925d9776f2ce4

Backpacking system

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1108&sid=7c95eb0b3473be11062925d9776f2ce4

Who doesn't like to go shopping, cept you can rob them if ur dark... naw
Problem wif this, a player has to be the merchant... ithink...

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1459&sid=7c95eb0b3473be11062925d9776f2ce4

TEH DIALOGUE SYSTEM!!!

Well if ur not happy with this then for gods sake tell mi wad to do!!!

R

RomanKing

Thanx a lot for all the help rayzuaza! The thing is I just wat to get the terrain done. That way i can put my full focus on gameplay and triggeringand stuff like that. My msn messenger is [email protected] so we can talk on there. thnx :D

As for hero creation if anyone has ideas let me know, im sure ill be able to find models if u have an idea.

What exactly am i going to need the backpacking system for?
I got an Idea for the dialoge how about to talk to them you walk up to them, then a cutscene just for the player who walked there comes up and they talk. A cinamatic, i think it will give he game a better feel.

As for the point system, your idea is ok but I was thinking each player has 3 seperate point stashes. I can make 3 leaderboards that u can navigate through, Good, Evil, and Neutral. Whichever 1 that you have the most points on is what you are, then maybe once you get, lets say 100 points in 1 of them then thats what u have to stay at.

Also i could have a main leaderboard that could maybe show the players Morality at the time. And i am thinking u can only pray once every 3 days to get points.

Also i think maybe there could be 3 guilds for the moralities, there u can buy items, pray, and heal. Maybe even you could kill the good guild if you are evil then they cant heal or get items anymore...

What do you think for the mapname?

Fable ORPG
Black and White ORPG
Fablecraft
Black and White Tribute
Fable Tribute

Drazalon

Reaction score
oh um im good with the dialog system i can help out with that =], ive added diolog systems to all my NPCs like a long ass time ago so im avaible for that job =]

R

RomanKing

Drazalon said:
oh um im good with the dialog system i can help out with that =], ive added diolog systems to all my NPCs like a long ass time ago so im avaible for that job =]

ok, but why do i have -1 rep from you :mad:

MORE SCREENSHOTS

-Cinamatic at the beginning, Theres in a yeti in the woods :D if u look closely
http://myspace-283.vo.llnwd.net/01035/38/21/1035771283_l.jpg

-Cinamatic at the beginning, You could HELP the yeti... oooo
http://myspace-519.vo.llnwd.net/01035/91/59/1035779519_l.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.