Chaning Animation Speed When the Unit's Model Has No "Stand"

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
So I have this unit and I gave it the Impale model (the spike one that is used in the "Impale" buff). When I create these units on the map (using Unit - Create...) I want to change their animation speeds.

Normally, doing this: Animation - Change <Unit>'s animation speed to 30% of its original speed works fine... but not when the unit has the impale model. It doesn't affect the animation speed at all. Not even if I set it to 0%.

I believe this is because the impale model has no "stand" animation. Anyone know otherwise or have a solution to fix it?

Alternatively, if someone could edit the model such that it would use the one animation it does have (I believe it's called "nothing") as a looping "stand" animation, that would work too. I'd attach the model, but I'm at school without access to the MPQs.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you'd have to edit the model... i can't really think of a way.

Maybe you could set the animation speed to 0% when all the spikes are up... this would require good timing.

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
You don't quite understand. Setting the unit's animation speed does nothing. It does not affect the animation one single bit.

Pigger

Reaction score
You don't quite understand. Setting the unit's animation speed does nothing. It does not affect the animation one single bit.

I think he was saying that maybe you set the animation speed to 0/30% too soon, as the impale model has to emerge above ground and if you're making it go really slow it will take a long time for it to emerge, which may give the appearance of not appearing!

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
It's not not appearing. The fact that it does appear is the problem.

Pigger

Reaction score
Oh oh oh, I finally got what you were saying, sorry I'm a bit tired :D

So its keeping the same animation speed no matter what. Perhaps the only answer is what Romek suggested, model edit! Sorry I'd probably be of more help if I knew more lol

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Your only 2 alternatives is to have made 100 units at different times with the same model with a .01 timer and then hide the oldest units by doing that you can control the animation. This was in my fake movement system. Perhaps I'll post it soon.

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
Well fuck. I had a retarded trigger bug that caused this not to work.

And I'm getting someone to edit the model for me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.