Chunks of terrian length.

boblonain

Reaction score
I'm making a little game, and one of the objects of the game is to move over each section of the ground and "take over" that piece of land, But the problem is I don't know how far it is "off set" wise between each chunk of land. I would like to know this because I will be using the keyboard arrows as the main controls.

jtry.png

Better question: Is it possible for me to get the terrain to change by having a unit stand on it, I can't seem to figure out a trigger for it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can check the distances with debug messages, like placing 2 farms next to each other and creating a game message with a trigger telling you the distance between the position of the first farm to the position of the second farm.

pathing map 1x1 (barrel, bushes, all those very small doodads) is 16x16 units.
pathing map 2x2 (farm, rocks, terrain tiles, etc) is 32x32 units.
and so on and so on...

the collision size for units is the same, a unit with a collision size of 16 would be as big as a barrel, a collision size of 32 would be as big as a farm etc etc.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Another way to do it is to quickly make custom point-target abilities that do nothing, give them to a unit, and use triggers to save the target points into variables. Then you can check the distance between the two targeted points either with a triggered text message, or another ability, etc.

This method also allows you to to easily get the distances between many different points all in one test, rather than shifting stuff in the world editor constantly.
Note that this method will be limited in terms of accuracy. The measurements will depend on your clicks, so if you want the exact measurement between two points, then you might not get it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.