[Contest] Artificial Intelligence Contest

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It seems easier now that it is explained what is expected more or less. (I thought a full Melee AI :p)

In that case, I'll join. Also, I can apply for a judge. If it's either a "Judge or Contestant", then I'll be a judge (If I am approved :D)

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
> Can i use the twinker?

Sure, go a head.

I got a feeling that people are a little drawn back becuase AI seems like a lot of work. So, I'm changing a bit the contest. All you need to do is to create a battle AI. What does it mean? No need to add something like "buy items".

Just create an AI, so the hero could look for enemies, fight them, using abilities etc. That takes about the same time the creating a spell take. And it is by all means not harder.

> buying items = go JASS for everyone because it must be very well triggered and must register every item of every shop (and also from "Markets", which do not have the same items every time)
> create an AI : is it for melee games like? (levels of units/monsters/items) - if that's it I just have to copy and paste my AI for Blademaster and it's just ended lol

p.s: nee I want to enter this contest

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> is it for melee games like? (levels of units/monsters/items) - if that's it I just have to copy and paste my AI for Blademaster and it's just ended lol

As said, you choose the testing map, however, your whole AI must work on any map, because I'm going to duel all the AIs to find the winner. So, to your question, no, it must be good also for maps that are not melee.

Esb and Chocobo added to the member list. A small rule added, stating that you may not use in any way the AI editor, although I kind of said that already, making it clearer so no one can doubt it.

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Can I join? :) If yes then can I make my map 1v1 AoS with one lane, or something like that?

EDIT: Because this is the first contest I ever enter... Can my Hero be 10 level? And when I finish my AI do I have to submit the map here or do I have to do something else?

Rheias

Reaction score
> dhk_undead_l

Is this your submission, or...?

I would rather you make the AI espcially for the contet, to present something you did in the past.

> If yes then can I make my map 1v1 AoS with one lane, or something like that?

Yes, your test map may be an AoS map.

> Can my Hero be 10 level?

No, he must be level 1, and as he levels automatically learn new abilities.

> when I finish my AI do I have to submit the map here or do I have to do something else?

Submit here, with a small description of the AI and perhaps a screenshot or two.

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Sorry for asking this question if it's not in the correct place or considered as spamming, but can I post a custom Hero and someone will check if it's good and approve it? Or is it allowed only base WC3 characters?

Rheias

Reaction score
I talked about it in the first thread. Yes, you may post a custom hero YOU made, as long as I find it balanced compared to the other base heroes it will be approved.

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Hero:
Model: Skeleton
Name: I'll think of one
Strength based
Damage: 21-36 + 2.50 STR/Level
Stats gain per level: 1.50 AGI, 2.50 STR, 1.75 INT

Abilities:
No.1 (no name and description, just the base things it will do)
instant:Damage: 70/110/150 + Slow: 15/20/25% for 2.5 / 5 seconds.
cooldown: 9s

No.2
instant:Increased attack rate by 20/30/40% for a short duration 6/7/8, but take 3dps.
cooldown: 25( or 30/35)s

No.3
passive:20% chance to deal more damage on an attack: 1.5x/2x/2.5x

No.4 (Ulti)
instant:30% active leech on nearby enemies + the Hero for ... erm... less than 15 seconds.
cooldown: a minute
Well, that's it. I won't be offended if you don't approve it :p

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
We should stick to melee-only heroes. No custom ones...

That makes everyone equal. To the point where skill comes to play, I mean...

Anyway, someone dare to go against my panda?:p

Rheias

Reaction score
> cr4xzZz

Sounds a bit too strong. Also, I would rather see it done, so I could test it against other units, saying a just a general description likes this one make it almost impossible to tell if the hero is too strong or too weak.

> We should stick to melee-only heroes.

I disagree, if someone manages to create an interesting and balanced hero it could make a nice addition to the contest.

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
I edited my last post, because I saw I put 4 levels not 3... Sorry for the spam. I'll attach a map with this Hero to test, but won't be with AI (until you approve/don't approve). WIP

Done. Added 3 grunts and a Blademaster to test.
/this is the map I'm gonna submit anyway/

edit: oh no the double post... -.-
edit2: nah, I don't like this hero. I'll use one of warcraft's base heroes...

D

david2cool

hi, i would like to enter your contest. I will be using the shadow hunter as my AI hero. :D
Ill try my best but dont expect anything amazing.

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
We aren't allowed to use events like "Begins casting an ability", right? An example for this is if a DH casts Mana Burn and MK uses avatar and he doesn't get burned.

Rheias

Reaction score
> We aren't allowed to use events like "Begins casting an ability", right?

Well it is better that you use "Starts the effect of an ability". :rolleyes:

Anachron

Reaction score
Making another AI.

Yes thats true. I am currently making an Farseer Creeping AI.
2 Spells will this hero cast if the chosen conditions are true:
Wolves and Chain Lightning. :)

Rheias

Reaction score
> 2 Spells will this hero cast if the chosen conditions are true:

You forgot two spells I fear.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Creating an AI is no easy task.

I might release an AI creation system after that, because I have created lots of useful functions.

Rheias

Reaction score
They are still spells that need to be used in order to make the hero powerful and complete.

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Will there be any Merchant Shops where Hero can buy the normal items in the Mini-AoS?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.