[Contest] Artificial Intelligence Contest

Anachron

Reaction score
>They are still spells that need to be used in order to make the hero powerful and complete.<

So I have to place buildings on map and after all non building enemy units are down the hero will cast Ultimate on buildings or what? o_O

And the Area Revival is still a ... boring .. thing.. Should I add Blademaster enemy and then let the hero use the ability when the BM has used windwalk or what? o_o

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> So I have to place buildings on map and after all non building enemy units are down the hero will cast Ultimate on buildings or what? o_O

No, just consider that fact the hero may or may not need to cast is sometimes and create your AI accordingly. I can't tell you anything but that.

> And the Area Revival is still a ... boring .. thing.. Should I add Blademaster enemy and then let the hero use the ability when the BM has used windwalk or what? o_o

Mind rephrasing that?

Would any kind Moderator clean the spam we got here on the thread? Especially diamondhero5... Yeah, that is one odd post.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How exactly do we make this "work"
Player 1 observer?
And player 2 is the AI?

Can we make the observer give commands?

Can we make Player 1 build a base and everything, but the hero he trains becomes player 2, and uses AI?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i suggest looking at the sample on the first post

I looked at it ^^
Still doesn't answer the commands.
And i don't have to do it like that do i?

I don't mind if i do actually :)

Count me in. I'll do my best to finish it on time.
I'm going for dark ranger.

I also think it should be either melee only heroes, or no extra points for custom heroes. It'd be a lot easier to make a custom hero with easy to trigger AI for the abilties.

Edit: Read through the posts

4? But The Reveal and ultimative isn't that interesting... o_o
The reveal is easy. Every 20 seconds, make farseer cast reveal on enemies base :D

Rheias

Reaction score
> Romek

Just make player 1 view the whole map, and player 2 control the hero with the AI.

> The reveal is easy. Every 20 seconds, make farseer cast reveal on enemies base

No. Why would he know exactly when is the base? If he has 5 HP he better run rather than try to find some info about the enemy. Why not try to look somwhere else? Cosider mana, might wanna save it. Not that easy. :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Romek

Just make player 1 view the whole map, and player 2 control the hero with the AI.

> The reveal is easy. Every 20 seconds, make farseer cast reveal on enemies base

No. Why would he know exactly when is the base? If he has 5 HP he better run rather than try to find some info about the enemy. Why not try to look somwhere else? Cosider mana, might wanna save it. Not that easy. :p

In that case, there is no use for Far Sight in an AI map like this :)

Rheias

Reaction score
> Comps know that anyway

Bah AceHart, you again. :p

> In that case, there is no use for Far Sight in an AI map like this.

Of course it does, say I got an ability that it's casting range is greater than my are of sight range. That ability could come in handy in the situation.

You don't HAVE do include it, but it may take a few points.

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
WIP = Work in progress, right? So.. what are we supposed to do? Post our unfinished AI to see how we're going on? :)

Rheias

Reaction score
Just let us know what you are up to. What hero, how far a long are you, maybe how his AI is going to work, etc.

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Well, here's mine. It's a Mountain King AI. It's GUI for now, but I'll try to make it JASS if I can /still new to JASS/ :/
EDIT: WIP :p

H

hadha

seems like alot of fun

Well, ive never had any offical releases, my maps did usually not pass the beta and i did usually get 50% of the help to create em here..

tho, if you dont mind a nub joining so one of your super AI computers can beat the crap out of mine, you can add me to the list of contestants.

Also, if you feel like i should not join, feel free to say so.
I also know im kinda low on time, but i just got back to this and think it would be fun to try :p

EDIT; took away my masterplan, so you wont even know whats happening when my hero struck you o.0

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I can't really figure out how to post a work-in-progress picture about my AI... The Pandaren just stands there.

Anyway, some of the options it will support:

• Can easily beat any units' rear end.
  • Can cook brownies.

Rheias

Reaction score
> hadha

Everyone are invited to the contest.

> Can cook brownies.

Meh, I like pie better.

> cr4xzZz

Nice, nothing breaks the rules, in your WIP. Note though that when testing it in the official duel map, the heroe's level will be level 1 at the start.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Can I join?
If I'm submitted then I'm the one who ask the duel map features.
Maybe it has fountain of life, or items, or the creeps type and power... can you upload the map?

Rheias

Reaction score
The duel map will not be uploaded. All you need to know is that it is an AoS, nothing else.
Added you to contestants list.

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
> Nice, nothing breaks the rules, in your WIP. Note though that when testing it in the official duel map, the heroe's level will be level 1 at the start.
Yes I know that, but I'm just testing how/when the Hero casts abilities (and if he casts them)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.