[Contest Poll] Texturing Contest 1

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Pupmkin Man - I can't vote for myself. ;)
Draenei Guy - Its a great skin! But it looks too much like just a re-color.. - 7\10
Human Furion - A un-original idea...It came out OK, but its boring..5/10
Ice Lich - I pretty bad skin IMO. It looks like he put down bobs of blue and white, whitch makes it look like theres gooky stuff on hom more that ice....I bet most people look at the first shot and think the cape looks good and votes it. Its not too bad, but the CnP snow flake is the only thing I really liked about it. 4½\10.

Heres another vote FireEffect!

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Pumpkin man - not so outlined well

draenai guy - simple but cool

human furion - nice!

ice lich - lacking details on his chest or still simply basic

K

KiD-X

I didn't see this comp or I would have liked to join it an have a go :(

Pumpkin man - LOL! a pumpkin man? LOL! haha look it's a pretty average skin.. but it's definately the most inventive entrant to the comp.

draenai guy - Looks like a decent skin, but I have already seen draenai skins based on this model in b.net maps, but they had altered the model aswell which finished it off nicer and lost the wow factor for this entrant for me

human furion - It's a good skin, nice detail, I just never really had any interest in the furion model... nice work though

ice lich - It's a nice idea and could definately work well in future maps but I don't think it is really as detailed as it could be, the skin relies too much of the shape of the model for shading instead of having a bit more work put into the texture.

Nice effort guys but the pumpkin man won my vote, just because of the stand out theme. I expect to see some pumpkin harvesting maps in the near future

EDIT: LOL! HE HAS A PUMPKIN ON HIS FLAG

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
God the Russians aren't going to be happy with us....
Yet again some Russians are never happy with us so anyway

So hes D/Q
by Default and don't go but its not in the contest rules
I think its in the Site Contest Rules (also common sense)

So anyway have a doomy day :D

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
ACK :| i only got 3 more votes since last night and Fire got 5!?!

Ice Lich - I pretty bad skin IMO. It looks like he put down bobs of blue and white, whitch makes it look like theres gooky stuff on hom more that ice....I bet most people look at the first shot and think the cape looks good and votes it. Its not too bad, but the CnP snow flake is the only thing I really liked about it. 4½\10.

ice lich - lacking details on his chest or still simply basic

I would like suggestions on how to fix this ^_^ [and how'd you know the snow flakes were CnP :p]

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Er, look at them, easy to tell. Blur and smudge things, add facial structure, and make less monotone (the parts you finished are too blue). You kept the same structure of the lich skin. Like on my ice lich skin it didnt have all that jewelry and stuff.

EDIT - Ooo im catching up :D.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
Like i said earlier i noticed i had deleted some face shading :p and i do need to learnhow to use the blur tool =] i'll work on it.

Also i was thinking... on the pumpkin man you could make his face [somehow[ a jack-o-lantern face :p

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Yeah we all needed more time but thats what makes a contest hard, you have a certain amount of time to do something.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
true and i also had like 2 days to do mine lol. not..10 or however many days there were xP

But that still doesn't give me any more reason to vote on me. Vote for fire or the pumpkin man too [they're both very good =]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.