Custom UI goes invisible?

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Heya, I've been trying to make a custom UI, and so far it's going well.
Just the last tile (HumanUITile04) is causing a problem. I've done everything like the other tiles (which work perfectly), only this one is invisible ingame.
The path I used is "UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile04.blp".
I'm pretty sure I have the correct Alpha Channels and everything, but I've attached the tile if that is any help.

Attachments

• HumanUITile04.tga
    128 KB · Views: 97
Shouldn't it be 24-bit? (It's 32). Other than that - beats me...

Nope.. I did all of them in 32 bit, but give me a minute and I'll try in 24 bit.
EDIT; No, 24 bit also makes it invisible (and so does 16). :(

Up; This guy seems to have the same problem: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61822& and solved it..
I finally found the probleme source, the texture extraction of original skin have a wrong resolution.
Though I have no idea what that means and with just 5 posts in 2007 I doubt he'll respond to any PM's.
Besides I think I've got the right resolution, because I extracted it straight from the original Human console.

Bump; No one looks past the 4th page and I still have no clue what the problem is :(

Christ, I made an UI a long time ago had the exact same problem, and solved it somehow, but can't remember how, are you converting them to .blp? or keeping them .tga when importing? one of my tiles needed to stay .tga cus it hated me, don't know if it was number 4 though.
Oh found it, scroll down a bit on this page, its under a spoiler:
Here it is actually

That UI works, don't know what I did though, sry, ill see if I can find the map and see whats special about tile4

Ill be back

Christ, I made an UI a long time ago had the exact same problem, and solved it somehow, but can't remember how, are you converting them to .blp? or keeping them .tga when importing? one of my tiles needed to stay .tga cus it hated me, don't know if it was number 4 though.

THANK YOU!! I converted all the files to .blp, but when i imported this one as a .tga and adjusted the Game Interface it works! :D +rep!!

XP Bar and Unit queue

Awesome! Thanks for this Thread, its an annoying issue :banghead:
I'm having trouble with the XP Bar and Unit queue, wich others dont seem to have. any solutions?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.