Damage Aura

Visedek

Reaction score
Is their an Aura which i can edit to make the Damage of a ally hero into Minus figures, for example a hero walks near his ally and he does not deal dammage while attacking.

Or is their a way to have an aura which gives 100% miss to friendly units.

Friendly units? You will need a periodic event that adds a spell book with 100%evasion

command aura gives bonus damage, so turning it into a negative damage aura shouldn't be too hard, is that what you needed or do you need more help making it work?

Ok, here's what i'm trying to do... when a unit enters a region (namely the prison) He looses the ability to attack. How do i Do this?

Ok, here's what i'm trying to do... when a unit enters a region (namely the prison) He looses the ability to attack. How do i Do this?

You trigger that you have to add a new custom script to remove the attack button.

You trigger that you have to add a new custom script to remove the attack button.

Ok but how do you do that (im not good at all the custon script stuff i can only just get my head around basic triggers!

NO... Im trying to remove the attack button from a unit when it enters a zone, and replace it when it leaves... How do i use the custom scripts?

You won't want to remove the attack button - You can't add it again IIRC. :p
If you want to prevent units from being attacked in a certain region:

- A unit is attacked

- Triggering Unit is in (Region)

- Pause (Attacking Unit)
- Order (Attacking Unit to "stop"
- Unpause (Attacking Unit)

You won't want to remove the attack button - You can't add it again IIRC. :p
If you want to prevent units from being attacked in a certain region:

- A unit is attacked

- Triggering Unit is in (Region)

- Pause (Attacking Unit)
- Order (Attacking Unit to "stop"
- Unpause (Attacking Unit)

Ok but, is their a way just instead of the unit being attacked to be in a region its the unit attacking?

Solved it, for future refrence i used this trigger...
Trigger:
  • No Attacking
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Police Jail <gen> contains (Attacking unit)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause (Attacking unit)
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop
      • Unit - Unpause (Attacking unit)

Why not use an uppgrade that unables attacks. and then uppgrade again to enable it.

How about this, disable all units' attacks (like you would a dummy) and give every unit on the map an orb ability that enables attack 1. When it enters the jail, remove the orb ability and voila, it removes the unit's ability to attack. When it exits, just add the ability back. You could hide the ability in a spell book.

just use command aura and enter a - value. You can enable minus value in the options somewhere

File->Preferences->Allow negative values in the Objekt editor

Because upgrades cannot be undone.

nope but lets say you make an uppgrade with 100 Levels then on 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17 you set unable attack. and on 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18 you enable attack again then you just lvl it up when your unit enters and leaves.

A search for disabling attack would show you that adding Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow) to a unit will make it unable to attack. (That's how I found about about this handy trick.)

Trigger:
  • Enter Prison
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Prison Region)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow) to (Triggering unit)

Trigger:
  • Leave Prison
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves (Prison Region)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow) from (Triggering unit)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.