Destiny RPG Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Feature
This idea is from PwnThePanda

PwnThePanda has given me the idea to make a shovel, allowing you to dig up hidden items (outside of town, and not in hell).
You can know buy a shovel, and use the item outside of town and not in hell and if your in the right spot you might dig up something :D

MAJOR UPDATE
This is good for the people who have played my map with the Learn Ability feature.
I made it load all the abilities at the beginning on the game, this makes it so when you chosoe an ability it doesn't lag. But you will have to wait aprox 30 seconds after the game it loaded for it all to load. But this is way better than having everyone lag after choosing a new ability for 5 secs.

Battle Arena
I have fixed a bug, that when you entered, and exited the battle arena, player 8 pink (friendly) would be treated as an enemy, making you auto target them in town, make your hero unable to attack move, due to the trigger i have that won't let you attack your allies or pink.

Items
The prices on weapons have rose greatly. Some new weapons have been added that are a low cost enableing the player to still buy a weapon.
I have changed the intelligence heros weapons, due to that 1 attribute = 3attack, and the weapons let them gain the same as the damage example

A strength hero item gave 20 bonus damage.
A intelligence hero item gave 20 bonus intelligence.

But since 1 attribute = 3attack

The intelligence hero was really giving the hero 60 attack, plus the bonus mana.

These items were more balanced.

Creeps
It now takes longer to gain levels, due to i lowered the level on all the creeps by a bit, this will make the inn and experiance rate change more effective making the player use it more.

Some creeps gold bounty was lowered to balance the game.

Creep System
This idea is from Shadowy Fear and Alexander
Creeps now spawn at a random time, between 7 and 13.
Possible times for creeps to spawn: 7,8,9,10,11,12,13

Items

I have banaced some more intelligence hero items. Mostly ring of mana, that gave +45 mana at level 3, giving a total of 135 attack for a intelligence her for a 1800$ item.

New Feature

The game will now have seasons, changing over aprox every 15 minutes, each seasons has special features to it, letting you do other stuff you can't in other seasons and more.

Tribes

There will be a total of 6 tribes, each tribe has an alliance with another tribe, a total of 3 tribe alliances.
You can alliance with a tribe that lets you access to more items, quests, and you can hire mercenaries from the tribe and lots more.

Items
I am completely redoing the items, and making new items and more.
Items will now have better names, enhanced tooltips describing the history of the item, what it grants, and how many times it can be upgraded.
I am also making an equip system, letting you only have:
1 weapon
1 shield
1 helmet
1 boots
1 vest(chest armor)
1 Misc

This will make the game more realistic and skillful, as i will be redoing the items as I have said, making it balanced.

Random Item Drop
A random item drop system has been added, now creeps have a chance of dropping random items, more powerful items are a less chance to drop, as weaker items are a higher chance to get, also there is the chance that the creep will not drop an item at all.

Guide
When your in the town of Roscu, and type -guide a dialog will appear with a list of places.
Click on the button where you wish to go and your hero will begin walking there.

This is helpful for people new to the game and not knowing where to go.

Camera
You can now have the camera follow your hero or hang loosely(default camera)

You can type -follow for the camera to follow your hero.
You can type -regular for the camera to hang loosely.

The camera hangs loosely by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.