Destructible Unresponsive to Triggers

Annun

Reaction score
I'm using the following triggers on a destructible that I have. I'm trying to simulate an enemy throwing their weapon at a target (the throw isn't shown, but a sword is in the corpse so it's implied), then they run to the sword and pick it up (it disappears and I reattach the sword to the unit).

For this purpose, I'll call the destructible Sword001.

Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
Destructible - Hide Sword001

Unit - Unit Death Revenant001 is attacked
Destructible - Show Sword001

Unit - A unit enters region005
Destructible - Remove Sword001

None of it works. That's all I can really think of to describe the situation. What do?

How are you referencing the sword in the editor? actually selecting it (being a pre-placed destructible) or are you saving it to a variable, e.t.c....

I think that instead of using a destructible you could use an ability with a target attachment special effect that is the sword, and attach it to the weapon.

As ability I would suggest using Item Armor bonus and set the armor bonus to zero, this ability doesnt leave a buff or icon on the unit.

Then go to the ability fields and go to Art - Caster or something and select the sword model there. Go to the attachment points and add a string with the value "weapon" (without quotes).

Then add/remove the ability to the unit when needed.

I might be reading your problem wrong, but this is what could fix it I think.

Drol I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for. I can attach/detach the sword just fine (I have an invisible ability that attaches it to the hero's hand,right. I'm trying to get a destructible that I have stuck in the ground (by using shift+page down) to disappear 1 second into the game, reappear when I want it to, and be completely removed later. The triggers should do the job but they aren't.

And Danish, I selected the doodad manually; no variables involved.

Maybe it's because I have the doodad partially in the ground? I'll set it to normal height and try.

Update.

It responds to one trigger - Kill. If I use it, the sword actually appears, then disappears a few seconds later. This makes me think that it's corpse is visible, but not the doodad itself. Checking object properties.

Drol I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for. I can attach/detach the sword just fine (I have an invisible ability that attaches it to the hero's hand,right. I'm trying to get a destructible that I have stuck in the ground (by using shift+page down) to disappear 1 second into the game, reappear when I want it to, and be completely removed later. The triggers should do the job but they aren't.

And Danish, I selected the doodad manually; no variables involved.

Maybe it's because I have the doodad partially in the ground? I'll set it to normal height and try.

key in this would be that you're using a doodad and not a destructible. They don't respond to some of the destructible triggers. Base your doodad off of a destructible like a tree and it should fix things.

key in this would be that you're using a doodad and not a destructible. They don't respond to some of the destructible triggers. Base your doodad off of a destructible like a tree and it should fix things.

I meant to say destructible. It's based off of a crate destructible, is under the destructibles tab, is selectable as a destructible with the manual selection, etc.

And it responds to the Kill trigger; the corpse appears. I've decided that something about the destructible - maybe the fact that it intersects with the terrain - is causing it not to appear when it is alive. Any ideas? Maybe it's just a bug?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.