Evasion for Meelee, Ranged and Magic Attacks

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
I want to give my units evasion values depending on the way the are attacked. Means, I for example, want a Skeleton to have a 10% chance to evade a meelee attack, a 80% chance to evade a ranged attack and a 0% change to evade a magic attack (which is quite obsolete in this case, but science I want to have these evasion abilities for every unit with other values it will be important for the other units)

As I recall I cannot just use evasion three times, because you cant use two abilities with the same basic-ability on one unit. Or is this only important for active abilities?

If anyone knows a basic ability that can be customized in the way, I described above, it would help me very much.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you would need to use a damage system in order to do this and fake the evasion (check if a random number is less than or equal to the evasion chance and if it is set the units health to what it was before) In order to do this i recommend you download Weeps GUI friendly DDS, but you would also need to trigger all spell damage

Dirac

Reaction score
I'm very sorry to tell you that you have to code everything.
Spell dodge is not easily achieved with warcraft, and the only way to do it represents much difficulty for new users (the use of orb effects to detect attacks, frost armor to detect if it's melee).
If you wish to go through with this i suggest you to learn vJass and use the Damage system i wrote which is able to handle what you're asking.

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
Okay, thank you for your quick replies.
If these are the only solutions, I will leave that idea for now and proceed with the other unfinished parts of the map.

Or are there solutions, if you just use different evasions for ranged/meelee and let the spells hit every time?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Yes its possible. You could give the Evasion ability to every unit, and then just give the ability lots of levels. You can then increase/decrease the levels to match the evasion you want the unit to have.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
If you hold Shift while clicking on the data field, you can enter any number you want. If Evasion has a 0-100% chance, then it makes sense to give it 100 levels.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.