Harvest Gold Like Insane Computer

akat

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the Editor and need some help. I want to have the player do harvesting like the insane computer, where it gains 20 gold for every 10 gold taken out of the mine. How do I do this? I have looked at Triggers but don't quite understand which events/conditions/actions to use, so if you could spell this out for me, I'd great appreciate it.

Thanks

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
its different abilities for each race....

orc and humans have "Harvest"
elves have something else as does undead..

akat

Reaction score
No. I don't want to just change it so peasants can mine 20 gold. I want to be able to get 20 gold out of every 10 gold taken from the mine - like the Insane Computer. How do I do that? We can even restrict it to Humans, if that's easier.

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
You could make a separate harvest ability for each race (that harvests 20 instead of 10) and add it to the worker units. Then disable the +10 harvests for you and disable the +20 harvests for all other players. That will leave you with the +20 harvest and enemies with the +10. You should also be able to trigger extra gold whenever a unit uses harvest.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
No. I don't want to just change it so peasants can mine 20 gold. I want to be able to get 20 gold out of every 10 gold taken from the mine - like the Insane Computer. How do I do that? We can even restrict it to Humans, if that's easier.
There's isn't a way to detect when a player harvests gold (at least not with GUI triggers). That makes it impossible to trigger. But you can increase the amount of gold a worker can bring back by editing the ability. You can also double the amount of gold in the gold mine with this action:
Trigger:
  • Neutral Building - Add gold to Gold Mine

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
that's just one of the inherit properties of an insane computer; I don't think you can easily replicate it for a person, I think the best thing would be to find out how many peasants are harvesting from a specific gold mine at one time, make them carry 20 each time, and add 10 each 3 seconds or so to the gold mine for each peasant harvesting gold from there

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.