Help to make a simple ability

SutinG

Reaction score
HI!
I want to make an simple ability... Is the Drunken Haze but that also damage the target unit. This ability only affect to one single target.

I tri to made it by my self but the the damage is do it before that the "proyectile" hit the target unit....

Excuse me for my bad english:(

BarzahdX

Reaction score
You need to use the condition - a unit is attacked

No, he's talking about casting a spell--besides, that's an event, not a condition.

If the projectile hitting as the same time the damage does bothers you so, you have two options.

1: Change the projectile speed to either 999999 or 0, to be instant.

2: Calculate the distance of the enemy, and the speed of the projectile, to deduce the time it would take for the missile to get there.. It won't work accurately on moving targets, but it'll be better than at the start of the spell. So basically, you would use a wait command.

Let's say the projectile speed is 500, and the when you cast the spell, the distance between you and your enemy is 1000. I *THINK*(am probably wrong) the equation is distance/speed.. So in this case, divide 1000 by 500, making 2. So the time you need to wait is 2 seconds.. Makes sense to me, goodluck!

treblig_auhc

Reaction score
when a unit casts the ability, wait until buff of drunken haze is present on the target unit then damage it.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, "Range" in Warcraft is calculated in pixels? So I don't know if BarzahdX's distance/speed equation could work (but it could, I haven't tried it). :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.