Hero ability shop

Odd lyoko

Reaction score
Hi
Im trying to create shops that sells abilities for heros, i have placed the shops and filled them with items (abilities) so when a hero buys for example unholy aura, unholy aura will be added to the hero.

The problem is Using "Unit - Add ability" only adds the ability directly without the user's choice, what i want is to add it to the + button where u can choose abilities on the hero (spend skill points)
Thanks

Anachron

Reaction score
Doesn't depend whether its an hero ability or not. There is no way adding hero abilities ingame that can be learned.

BcBoy

Reaction score
It might be possible... I think i've played a Multiplayer-Roleplay adventure that worked like that. I'm gonna investigate it a bit, but i can't promise anything.

Anachron

Reaction score
You can have at maximum 5 spells learnable at the Hero Skills field. Its a warcraft III hardcoded value.

However, you can use the "Clock Engineering" ability to replace abilities, and make dummy abilities.

BcBoy

Reaction score
Hmmm... One possibility is that you remove your hero and creates it from the beginning but it's going to be LOT'S of work and triggering. imo it's not worth it.

canons200

Reaction score
yup there is no way can buy hero ability but you can do a little trick. Use normal ability instead, create integer for example Heropoint, by default is 1, when a hero level up, add 1 more hero point, and when hero buy ability, check the condition if hero point greater than 1, then add the ability to the hero.

Odd lyoko

Reaction score
Alright thanks, i noticed on the map i downloaded the hero has 5 "empty slot ability" and when u buy an ability one of the 5 "empty ability" gets replaced i guess you're right

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
how about [not tested dosen't have WE on this pc] adding ability then set the lv to 0 ?

Anachron

Reaction score
Dude no, that doesn't work. Please, only post things you are sure about how and that they work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.