High Score

anvio

Reaction score
Well I have a simple minigame that gives you a high score after you win or lose the game, also I have AceHart's Save/Load system so anyone can save and load their high score anytime they play. Anyway is there any way to incorporate that Save/Load system into PHP or HTML? As in if you have a Save code from ingame, you enter the code and your game name into a box on a website, where it gets decoded after you click submit; after which if the code and name are not false it's sent to MySQL where you can insert the score into a table that is full of other high scores. I'm sure this is possible; but I'm not sure where to begin though.

Any help/ideas would be nice, Thanks.

Anvio

anvio

Reaction score
I kinda see what you're getting at; just need to look into hostbots a little haven't really played with them that much.

Anyway Thanks Though :thup:

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Aren't hosting bots against battle.net rules now? Or was that something else...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Hosting bots are against the ToS. There is no way to save scores like you want that isn't against the ToS.

anvio

Reaction score
Hmm i'm pretty sure Blizzard did put a ban on them and other things like VCK but I haven't seen anyone get banned from using any of them yet; so idk.

But if I do happen to get banned back to Counter Strike I go. :D

And by the way DDRtists i'm just wondering if I could decode an ingame save code on a website using PHP. Not looking for a way to do this ingame.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Blizzard seems to be pretty lenient on hosting bots, as far as I'm aware they just disconnected after two minutes. I have never heard of anyone getting banned (For bots anyways).

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
And by the way DDRtists i'm just wondering if I could decode an ingame save code on a website using PHP. Not looking for a way to do this ingame.

Possible? Yes.
A good idea? Not really.

You could put a special "encryption" that you could decode on your site. However, if anyone was to open the map in a editor and check out the code, they could pretty much generate any total bullshit score with the code once they knew the "secret hash"...

Your site would more than likely just fill up with complete bullshit scores that someone generated after reading your encryption method, aka a complete waste.

anvio

Reaction score
Yea thats pretty much what would happen; so yea it truly would be a waste of my time to try and work on this.

Alright well thanks for replying on this guys. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.