how come this dummy unit doesnt do anything

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
I make a dummy unit and i make it cast the ensnare ability, but when he spawns, he doesn't do anything and then dyes
Code:
Untitled Trigger 028
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Starting Pointss <gen>
    Conditions
        (Triggering unit) Not equal to (Last created unit)
        (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Wisp))) Greater than or equal to 1
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 dummy unit 3000 for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of special effect 5 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well i think because it is not even created. the condition "(Triggering unit) Not equal to (Last created unit)" wont work. there aint any last created unit at the start of the trigger.

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
i didnt change the model file so when i use this trigger the dummy unit is actually created, but he stands still then dies without casting the ensare ability

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry my bad. your condition is not causing the errors although it is completly useless.
well, is your dummy unit able to move? has it got the ability? has it got enough mana if the ability takes mana? has the ability got tech tree requirements?

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
well it did have a techtree requirement but i took that out and it didn't work
and yeah it's based off of ensnare
want me to post the map up?

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
k but things can get confusing lol
the ability is called make the guy invulerable because i want it to make the person who saves the jailed people invulnerable
and the triger is under the folder reviving peasents

Attachments

• Castle Tag.w3x
    70.1 KB · Views: 92

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
are you sure you posted the right map? there aint a skill called "make the guy invulnerable" nor is there the trigger you have posted...

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
I had WE running so i didnt save the changes and posted the map, sorry
ill repost the new one

Attachments

• Castle Tag.w3x
    69.4 KB · Views: 86

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
mate. you havent posted the right trigger. there are a few reasons why this aint working.
First of all, this was your actual trigger:
Code:
Untitled Trigger 028
    Events
    Conditions
        (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Wisp))) Greater than or equal to 1
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 dummy unit 3000 for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of special effect 5 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare [B]Invulnerablity [IntegerA][/B]
and there aint any integer A action in the trigger. i have changed it to triggering unit.
also you have created the unit for a computer player, thats why the AI ordered your soldier to attack instead of using net. add this action to your trigger: AI - Ignore (Last created unit)'s guard position
and it worked for me.

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
it still didn't work for me
Code:
Untitled Trigger 028
    Events
    Conditions
        (Triggering unit) Not equal to (Last created unit)
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Raider - Ensnare (Triggering unit)
        AI - Ignore (Last created unit)'s guard position

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Bah! There were two more pages to read before posting! I hate when this happens to me.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
maybe its because the dummy unit is too far away from the entering unit? and the dummy cannot reach the entering unit in 2 seconds....
why don't you create the dummy at position of entering unit?
and did you tried giving the ensnare ability to the dummy trough that trigger? (it always works for me, although I made a same trigger once and it didn't work...)

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
because if i make it at the position of the triggering unit, the dummy unit will become the triggering unit and he can't cast it upon himself

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
dude here is your map "working". at least the trigger you wanted.
it does work very well what i have changed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.