How To Make This Spell?

-._.-

Reaction score
Hi To Everyone (I'm New In The Server, First Post ^-^)

So... I Was Trying To Figure Out How To Make This Spell, Energy Toss - Burns Enemy Mana Per Hit And Makes Nearby Enemy Units Use 1.25/1.50/1.75/2 Times Mana Per Spell. The Feedback Part Is Ok, Now The Mana Part I Can't Find A Way To Make It. I've Tried Making A Buff That Buffs Other Units, Couldn't Find The Right Trigger. Also, I Think There Isn't An Action To Make Units Spend More Mana Per Spell. So I Was Wondering If This Is Possible, If It Is Please Post Here How To Make It.

Another Thing, A Spell That Makes Nearby Enemy Units Be Damaged By 1/1.50/2/2.50 Times The Mana Used In A Spell As Pure Damage, Each Time They Cast A Spell. I Can't Figure Out How To Do This Also.

Thanks To All The Ones Who Have Read And Special Thanks To The Ones That Will Answer.

keychup

Reaction score
(Way too overpowered: You're burning mana as well as causing even more mana to be spent.)

When a unit begins casting a spell, store the current mana of the unit in a Real variable.
Then When a unit starts the effect of a spell, find the difference between the previously stored mana and the mana remaining. This will help you find out how much mana was used so that you can store this amount of mana used in another Real variable.
Now that you have the real variable, calculate how much more mana you want to remove from the unit and do it.

Cons: Spells which cost ,perhaps, 100 mana but are meant to cost, for example, 150 mana by energy toss' effect, will still be possible to cast even if you don't have 150 mana. Meaning, this method merely causes the caster to spend more mana instead of increasing the amount mana needed to be spent. Otherwise you would have to use an engineering upgrade ability and make copies of all other spells with more mana cost. You would also need to make multiple engineering upgrades to correspond with the unit types that are affected by it since not all units will have the same abilities.

As for the second bit, I'm not sure if it's pure, but Mana Flare deals damage to casters based on how much mana an enemy spent.

Cons: This is a channeling spell so you can't directly add the ability to a hero if you don't plan on channeling it. Also, it does not affect abilities that manually spend mana (example.: You are decreasing mana based on how far you are walking to keep an effect activated instead of spending it).

Conclusion: Try making a simpler and better balanced spell. These ideas are too extreme and are too effective against casters

-._.-

Reaction score
(Way too overpowered: You're burning mana as well as causing even more mana to be spent.)

When a unit begins casting a spell, store the current mana of the unit in a Real variable.
Then When a unit starts the effect of a spell, find the difference between the previously stored mana and the mana remaining. This will help you find out how much mana was used so that you can store this amount of mana used in another Real variable.
Now that you have the real variable, calculate how much more mana you want to remove from the unit and do it.

Cons: Spells which cost ,perhaps, 100 mana but are meant to cost, for example, 150 mana by energy toss' effect, will still be possible to cast even if you don't have 150 mana. Meaning, this method merely causes the caster to spend more mana instead of increasing the amount mana needed to be spent. Otherwise you would have to use an engineering upgrade ability and make copies of all other spells with more mana cost. You would also need to make multiple engineering upgrades to correspond with the unit types that are affected by it since not all units will have the same abilities.

As for the second bit, I'm not sure if it's pure, but Mana Flare deals damage to casters based on how much mana an enemy spent.

Cons: This is a channeling spell so you can't directly add the ability to a hero if you don't plan on channeling it. Also, it does not affect abilities that manually spend mana (example.: You are decreasing mana based on how far you are walking to keep an effect activated instead of spending it).

Conclusion: Try making a simpler and better balanced spell. These ideas are too extreme and are too effective against casters

Well Thanks For Your Reply, You Made Me Think Again Before Making This Skills. I Agreed That Feedback Would Make Energy Toss Quite Overpowered, So I Will Take It Off.

Energy Toss: You Forgot To Say How To Buff The Nearby Enemy. The Way You Said, The Effect Would Work In Every Unit Casting A Spell. I Think I Could Use A Skill That Buffs Nearby Units With Slow As A Base, Like (In DotA) Omniknight's Degen Aura And Change The Enemy Buff. I Don't Know If This Skill Is In World Editor, If It Is Please Tell Me Where It Is.

Cons: It's Ok If It Works Like That. Engeneering Is Out Of The Question. (Takes Too Long To Make It ¬.¬ ' )

As For The Second Ability, I Don't Want A Channeling Ability, I Want A Passive One, Preferably Like Energy Toss, That Buffs Nearby Enemy Units, But Making Them Be Damaged By How Much Mana They Spent, And It Needs To Be Pure.

Cons: It Needs To Work In Every Type Of Ability.

Conclusion: The Skills Are Not As Overpowered As You Are Thinking. Remember That They Only Work In A Range, And This Hero Will Be Feared By Casters, So It's Ok. Well The Feedback I Agreed It Would Be Too Much.

Thanks Again For The Reply Keychup, Sorry For Arguing With Some Points, But In The General You Helped Me A Lot.

I Gave You Reputation.

keychup

Reaction score
Any aura with an AoE of 100-200 will be just fine. But since these two abilities have similar effects, and the result of their effects stacking will cause an overpower i suggest you meld them into one passive ability:

"Whenever an enemy unit under this aura casts a spell, X% of the mana spent will be burned from the caster."

Method:

Try making a trigger that makes a dummy unit cast Mana Flare when a caster begins casting an ability. You can create the dummy on the position of the caster and give the mana flare skill a small AoE (10 should be good) then you can kill the dummy once it deals damage.

-._.-

Reaction score
Nice. Surely That's A Better Thing, Thanks. If You Make It For Me, I Would Appreciate It :D ; Nevermind If You Are Busy Or Something.

Smitty

Reaction score
Sorry, But Just For The Sake Of My Eyes Could You Please Stop Typing Like This. I'm Reading Everything You Say Like A Robot In My Head :/

-._.-

Reaction score
Sorry, But Just For The Sake Of My Eyes Could You Please Stop Typing Like This. I'm Reading Everything You Say Like A Robot In My Head :/

I Guess I Can Type The Way I Want Here ¬.¬ '. (Sorry I Am Used To Type Like This I Can't Type The Normal Way.)

I Have A Doubt: Is There Any Action To Change A Unit Attack Type? Ex: http://imageshack.us/f/844/triggercorruption.png/ I Would Change The Hero Attack Type {Hero - Chaos} In The Then - Actions, But I Can't Find Any Action To Do This.
Corruption Is A Research That Changes Hero Attack Type To Chaos, Btw.

I Am Currently Working On Energy Toss, I Will Make It An Ultimate .-.

Smitty

Reaction score
Just stop pressing shift every time you start a new word, please :( Also, if you type a CV like this, potential employers will likely put you to the bottom of the pile. Just sayin'.

-._.-

Reaction score
Just stop pressing shift every time you start a new word, please :( Also, if you type a CV like this, potential employers will likely put you to the bottom of the pile. Just sayin'.

I Will Not Type A CV Like This ¬.¬ '. And It's Not So Bad To Read, Come On. Actually, I Think It's Better.

I Will Make A New Thread About The Corruption Upgrade, Since No One Sees It Here.

Smitty

Reaction score
It makes it harder to read your text. Trust me. Happy to help you with your spells if you stop typing like a jackass.

-._.-

Reaction score
It makes it harder to read your text. Trust me. Happy to help you with your spells if you stop typing like a jackass.

Ok, if you insist, I will give it a try :). If you Can, please solve To me this upgrade problem.

Thanks Btw :D

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Enough.
The capitalisation does indeed make it hard to read. Please type properly to help others to help you.
Smitty. 3 posts without any help are enough. You already made your point.

The discussion about the text ends here. Move on with life. :)

-._.-

Reaction score
Enough.
The capitalisation does indeed make it hard to read. Please type properly to help others to help you.
Smitty. 3 posts without any help are enough. You already made your point.

The discussion about the text ends here. Move on with life. :)

Ok, I will help others to help me if the capitalisation make it hard to read.

My spell didn't work :(. I Think it's because I couldn't find a way to store the target's mana in a variablebefore using ability, since when he "Begins casting an ability", he already spent the mana, I think.
Trigger:
  • Energy Ravage Mana Storing
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Casting unit) has buff Energy Ravage 1 ) Equal to True
          • ((Casting unit) has buff Energy Ravage 2 ) Equal to True
          • ((Casting unit) has buff Energy Ravage 3 ) Equal to True
          • ((Casting unit) has buff Energy Ravage 4 ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set BeforeMana_Real = (Mana of (Casting unit))

Begin casting ability is the only suitable event for this i guess.

Also I would like help with this question: is there any action to change a unit attack type? Ex:
Trigger:
  • Upgrade Corruption
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Corruption
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Researching unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
            • Else - Actions
I would change the hero attack type {Hero>Chaos} in he Then - Actions, but I can't find any action to do this.
Corruption is a research that changes hero attack type to Chaos, btw.

Smitty

Reaction score
You're trying to apply the upgrade to the heroes? use the object editor and add the upgrade to the list of applicable upgrades. If I've understood you right :s

-._.-

Reaction score
You're trying to apply the upgrade to the heroes? use the object editor and add the upgrade to the list of applicable upgrades. If I've understood you right :s
You Misunderstood, what I want there is an action that makes the hero attack type change to Chaos. The upgrade is already applied to heroes.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Unfortunately I was not able to read most of the first page due to the text style hurting my eyes.

As for converting an attack type, I am not entirely sure that is possible. Is there a particular reason why you are doing that? Then maybe we can find a way around it..

Stick with one question please.

What is the problem with your initial trigger?

-._.-

Reaction score
Unfortunately I was not able to read most of the first page due to the text style hurting my eyes.

As for converting an attack type, I am not entirely sure that is possible. Is there a particular reason why you are doing that? Then maybe we can find a way around it..

Stick with one question please.

What is the problem with your initial trigger?

Never mind, the initial trigger I solved already.

Now about converting attack type: Well in my game there is a research house that has only upgrades for heroes, and I thought of this research which will change your hero's attack type to chaos. I could be replacing the hero with a similar hero that has Chaos attack type, but I don't know if it's possible to the replaced hero to be the same level as the original one, and with the skills which the original one had.

Smitty

Reaction score
Of course it is. Set the level, experience, spell levels and items etc as variables. Then just transfer them across when you create the new hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.