How to: Modify the World Editor's Trigger Editor

War3.mpq, however, works.
I open the files from there, edited them according to your tutorial, saved them.

Nothing happened when I opened up the editor.

Did you save them to X:/Program Files/Warcraft III/UI?

> Did you save them to X:/Program Files/Warcraft III/UI?

Ah, no, I did not do that.

I did that just now and got the same thing that 13lade619 described.
What do I need to do now?

EDIT:

I copied your UI file from your first post, and it miraculously worked.
Nice!

Now, if you will add some more explanation of those things to your post, maybe by adding a troubleshooting section, or simply putting it in where it applies, I will approve this.
It's so cool that you can do this. :D

> Did you save them to X:/Program Files/Warcraft III/UI?

Ah, no, I did not do that.

I did that just now and got the same thing that 13lade619 described.
What do I need to do now?

EDIT:

I copied your UI file from your first post, and it miraculously worked.
Nice!

Now, if you will add some more explanation of those things to your post, maybe by adding a troubleshooting section, or simply putting it in where it applies, I will approve this.
It's so cool that you can do this. :D

Well, the War3.mpq ones must be different some how :p

Anyways, I'll add a section like that soon :)

Edit: Hey, Ghan. Don't you use JASS? :p

Alright, got the Troubleshooting/FAQ section up. More will be added as questions come.

We could made vJass GUI Function now, proabably. :rolleyes:

Probably :eek:

*Watches as GUI slowly becomes as powerful/more powerful than JASS/vJASS :O

well this is very good and i love it but i have one question.i hope you remember and old world editor called WE unlimited.is it gonna work if i take its files and import em to normal we editor? i mean is the map gonna work? cause i heard that we unlimited doesn't let new version maps to be playable.

I have one piece of advice. Just don't use WEU. If you want custom functions, make you own. That way you KNOW it will work :) Or use JASS, they're guaranteed to work too.

I have a question.

How will someone else that still has the regular editor take this?
If you use some custom functions, etc., what happens when you send someone else your map and they try to open it in their editor?
Does it not work?

What about if they try to play the map? Can they do that at least?

If they want to open it with the editor, they'll either need a compiled editor with these functions implemented OR copy your UI folder into their Warcraft III directory.

As for playing, yes, they can. If you convert to JASS, which happens when you open it with Warcraft III, you'll see that the functions are fine. You're just giving the editor an interface for that function(s).

> If they want to open it with the editor, they'll either need a compiled editor with these functions implemented OR copy your UI folder into their Warcraft III directory.

Hmm... additional map protection, perhaps? :rolleyes:

> As for playing, yes, they can. If you convert to JASS, which happens when you open it with Warcraft III, you'll see that the functions are fine. You're just giving the editor an interface for that function(s).

That's kind of what I suspected.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Approved.

> If they want to open it with the editor, they'll either need a compiled editor with these functions implemented OR copy your UI folder into their Warcraft III directory.

Hmm... additional map protection, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Hey, yeah! Only those who know what functions you created along with the exact category name, or someone who's put in categories with every character AND every single JASS function in every single category, will be able to see it! SWEET.

question!!!

Hey, yeah! Only those who know what functions you created along with the exact category name, or someone who's put in categories with every character AND every single JASS function in every single category, will be able to see it! SWEET.

hmmm... remember when you open the file with an edito without the custom functions?

the custom functions are tagged "error"

will the map still work AFTER opening it with an uncompatible editor???

Will the map still what after opening it with an uncompatible editor? If you're asking about if it will still work, yes. The uncompatible editor wouldn't have changed anything and won't be able to.

Yes, you can, Insane!.

2-P posted a terraining UI text file in a tutorial once.
It is indeed very handy and works just like this one but changes several UI stuff. I'd say credits to 2-P but 2-P got it from some tutorial too (according to what I read).
View attachment 13374
This also does the 90 angled cliff thing.

Update

Added another section on making 480x480 map size (Not recommended, lags a lot) and 90° terrain raises and lowers.

2-P's tutorial wasn't about UI but about advanced terraining, she had a paragraph inside it that was about the terraining UI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.