i need help im make a maze game

L

lionfan87

ok im a noov at makeing maps this is my frist 1 and i need help try to put it in a idiot verson i know about triggers and stuff these are thig i nede answerd.

1 how to kill a unit when he walks off the path

2 how to get computer players like the obsticals to patroll and get cannons to attack a certan area

thats all plz help me ty

tyr

ok i figured out question 1 haha now all i need is 2 o and also

how do i get there to not b a town hall when it starts?

for the town hall problem,

Go to Triggers, And Go to the Intilization catagory,
Delete The trigger: Melee Game - Create Starting Units

And to make the computer patrol you can use this trigger:

Code:
Event
      Map Initilization
Conditions
       *Your conditions or dont put anything*
Actions
       Unit - Order (*the unit u want patroling*) to Patrol to (Random Point in (Region01))

You would have to make the region you want the unit to patrol to with the region tool, or just use this one to make the unit patrol to a random point in the map:

Code:
Event
      Map Initilization
Conditions
       *Your conditions or dont put anything*
Actions
       Unit - Order (*the unit u want patroling*) to Patrol to (Random Point in (Playable Map Area))

Let us know how it goes, and good luck.
- Wark

Ouch, two double-posts in a row.

But nice solution Wark.

thx wark

TY wark im trying it now ill let u know when full verson is realsed

hah 1 more

when i make the region where u walk in u die i have like 20 of them and have to make a trigger for each 1 is there a way i can just make it all 1?

lionfan87 said:
when i make the region where u walk in u die i have like 20 of them and have to make a trigger for each 1 is there a way i can just make it all 1?

Make one trigger, and have an action for each region in said trigger.

You know, lionfan, there is an edit button. It's right next to the quote button. So it's unnecessary to double-post.

For the trigger all in one? I believe you could do a loop or something (I am not completely sure if this is possible,:

Create all of your regions first. Create a region array consisting of a starting number value of however many regions you want. Then, you would add each region into the array via variable ~ set variable to: Region_Array [1], then Region_Array [2], etc. for each region (it would fire once at map initilization). Then, create another trigger that says something along these lines:

Code:
For every interger 1 - [number of regions in array]:
 A unit enters Region_Array [interger A]. 

Unit is a hero = true.

Kill entering unit

Or you can just add individually the Unit Enters Kill_Unit_1, Kill_Unit_2, etc. My way would take as much work, as you would have to add the regions into an array (with WEU, though, you can add the rects. into a single, spread out region, and then kill any units that enter it). I'd probably do the second way, as it is less complicated, though.

OR, you can just add units with an uber immolation (9999 damage per sec, no art and permanent invisiblity, or you can add art effects for varying effectiveness and aesthetical purposes) along the sides of the path :) (this would allow for cheating, though).

lionfan87 said:
ok im a noov at makeing maps this is my frist 1 and i need help try to put it in a idiot verson i know about triggers and stuff these are thig i nede answerd.

1 how to kill a unit when he walks off the path

2 how to get computer players like the obsticals to patroll and get cannons to attack a certan area

thats all plz help me ty

Periodic event

.01 seconds

Action:

Unit group
Position of unit of type "footman <001 gen>" = lorderon summer grass.

Action:
Kill picked unit.

uhh

uhh i still dont get hot to like make a abom or sumtin pataroll a certin region i can like make the abom do everything but patroll... plz help and ty i will b useing edit from now on :) thx all

Place the abom on the map first and make a trigger for example

Event- Map Initialization
Action- Order (Abom) to patrol to (your region)

This should work

The unit doesent patrol a region

The unit just goes to the region, put him on one side of the map, and put a very small region on the other side of the map, and when you run the trigger, he should walk all the way to the region and back.

That is, if you use my trigger.

Actually they do, Order (Your unit) to patrol to (your region), it works.

ty

ok i got them patrolling but now my footmen are invunrable... and how do i make them kill the units they walk on? :banghead:

Event- Unit comes within 60 range of (your unit)
Action- Kill triggering unit

1cRaZyFooL said:
Actually they do, Order (Your unit) to patrol to (your region), it works.

Oh sry I misunderstood, your trigger is the same as mine, I thought you posted something different :p

Yeah I just realized that I screwed up on what I was trying to say....... :banghead:

almost done!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ok all i need to figure out is how to get rid of the invunrable and make it so when they enter the area they win i think i can do that part but i cant seem to take off the invunrable :banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.