Ideas; FFA Hybrid Map

Weyrling

Reaction score
Ideas; Ninja FFA Hybrid Map

The map genre is hard to describe in a single line, so I will elaborate here.
Classic Mode:
Each player will control a single hero, and will be unaffiliated with any other player or computer. There will be 2 computer controlled teams sending waves of units at eachother (AoS without players, basically). Both of these armies will kill any player they come upon. Each player's goal is to get XX kills or be the Last Man Standing (After host selects main mode, players can vote on stuff like this).
Players:
The original idea was for the players to be Ninjas or something, because there are a lot of ridiculous abilities I could give them, so lets assume the base heroes will be Ninjas.
Basic Abilities - Everybody has these:
Jump - The hero jumps to a location quickly (about 800 speed), has low'ish range.
Speed - The hero moves quickly (About 900 speed) to target location, if there is a unit obstacle in the way the hero will stop and use a single melee attack on them, if a solid obstacle is in the way they are stunned momentarily.
Throw - The hero grabs an opponent and throws them towards target location, they will impact and damage anything they hit. They take more damage if they hit a solid object.
Throwing Weapons - Knife, Shuriken, Huge Shuriken (Will be collision objects)
The throwing knife has low cooldown, low damage, and low AoE.
The shuriken has higher cooldown, damage, and AoE than the knife, also has a casting time of 0.1 seconds.
The huge shuriken has high cooldown, major damage and AoE, and takes .65 seconds to throw.

Above the basics here, I was going to add elemental abilities and skills, as well as more complicated combinations of the lesser skills.
Example Combinations
Hail of Shuriken
The hero does a huge Jump into the air and spins in a circle, covering an entire area in shuriken.
Ballistic Shuriken
The hero Speeds forward and releases a Huge Shuriken at a phenomenal rate directly forwards, it will go through multiple enemies before stopping.
Crossfire
The hero uses great Speed and runs around an enemy in a huge circle, releasing throwing knifes inward continuously.
Example Elemental Skills
Infernal Grasp
The hero conjures powerful fire in their hands and grabs an opponent, spinning around in circles before throwing them at target location. (This spell is a bit more complicated, as I actually made it channeling. You have 2 seconds to choose which way to Throw the person).

Now that I've finished the 'introduction' of my ideas, I'm looking for more ideas, for other game modes, more basic skills/skills/combinations/elemental skills/etcetera.
At the very least, I'd appreciate feedback on the ideas I already have.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Your abilities could turn out to be awesome, but they sound kinda boring. (better names, perhaps? The general ideas are good) The map as a whole sounds really fun.

Suggestions:
-some form of wind walk; ninjas are invisible, after all
-a charm with a time limit (like a summoned unit) that could either return to the computer's control or die after time runs out
-interesting creeps that are all useful (I've seen too many maps where there are one or two creeps that you get, and the rest suck)

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
So would there be like a "safe haven" for the ninjas where they can shop and not get killed?
Or is it basically you stand shopping to long someone can sneak up and kill you
You can kill other ninjas right?
Is it possible for the computers to destroy each others bases?

Weyrling

Reaction score
@ the_ideal
1) All of the ninjas will have an innate 'stealth' ability that is toggled, I'm incorporating a distance/chance formula for whether or not you detect another ninja that is in stealth mode.
2) I'd probably make it more permanent, like a Bribe skill.
3) I fully intend to make all of the creeps be more than just damage/health/armor combos, I'm not sure how many creeps I will have, though.
@ jaujarahje
1) I wasn't planning on making a safe zone beyond a spawn invulnerability, ninja must always be alert.
2) The entire point of the game is to kill the other ninja.
3) Assuming assistance from some player to offset the balance of power, yes, I intend for both of the computer teams to be essentially equal if left alone.

Else:
One other thing that might be significant to know, ninja don't have an auto attack, so diplomacy is quite possible.

I've also been trying to think up some 'special' abilities a player would select at the start, so that all ninja won't all have access to the same exact abilities. Assuming synergy, it will also lower the chances of somebody succeeding in finding a 'perfect' setup.
Just ideas right now, not implemented. I was thinking along the lines of passives combined with actives.
Example: You get a passive resistance to fire skills, and an active fire attack bonus (Meaning that every fire skill you use during the duration is more powerful in some way).
That was a generic example, a bit too simple, just a quick thought recently.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.