Insanity Manager System

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I am trying to make an insanity manager system for a boss fight in my map.
I want it so that if the user's hero is facing the boss, their lumber (insanity) will rise. If they are looking away, however, I want it to decrease.

I tried matching the facing angle to the angle between two points, but they do not match up all the time. I'm having trouble figuring out how I could manipulate the values, to test if the hero is facing the boss, correctly. Any suggestions?

Here is some code to exemplify what I have figured out so far.

There are 8 players, so the for-loop loops through the 8 players.
Hero is a Unit variable.
Boss 0009 <gen> is the boss unit.
TempPoint and TempPoint2 are Point variables.
TempReal is a Real variable.

Trigger:
  • Manage Insanity
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of Boss 0009 &lt;gen&gt;)
          • Set TempPoint2 = (Position of Hero[(Integer A)])
          • Set TempReal = (Angle from TempPoint to TempPoint2)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Player((Integer A))))) the text: ((String((Facing of Hero[(Integer A)]))) + ( and + (String(TempReal))))

I played around with your map. It only works when the X of the Boss is greater than the X of the hero.
At one point, my trigger did the same thing, but after messing around with it, I got further away from the solution. So the problem remains: to figure out if the hero is facing the boss while the X of the hero is greater than the X of the boss.

EDIT:
I did some more messing around.
Real Angle become negative while the X of the position of the hero(hX) is greater than the X of the position of the boss(bX).
I'm going to try testing for if hX > bH. While it is, I will multiply RealAngle by -1.

EDIT(2):
That did not help at all. <( >_<)>

Here is what I am working with currently:

View attachment Insanity.w3x

I added a message that displays the FacingAngle and RealAngle so you can see how the variables change.

re-making ulduar? :D

dont have time to help now but this weekend i will try to get around to it if it isnt solved by then :/

Fixed it. Problem was that whenever Facing Angle goes within 180 - 360 degrees range, it is displayed as -180 to 0 instead. Thus, solution is simple. Whenever Facing Angle is negative, add 360 to it. For example, let's say Facing Angle is 300. The actual result would be -60. Thus, by adding 360 to it, it gives you 300, which is the correct positive result.

Trigger:
  • Test
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set HeroGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in HeroGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set HeroPosit = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set BossPosit = (Position of Peasant 0001 &lt;gen&gt;)
          • Set FacingAngle = (Facing of (Picked unit))
          • Set RealAngle = (Angle from HeroPosit to BossPosit)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • RealAngle Less than 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Set RealAngle = (RealAngle + 360.00)
            • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • FacingAngle Less than or equal to (RealAngle + 35.00)
              • FacingAngle Greater than or equal to (RealAngle - 35.00)
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Set (Owner of (Picked unit)) Current lumber to (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Current lumber) + 1)
            • Else - Actions
              • Player - Set (Owner of (Picked unit)) Current lumber to (((Owner of (Picked unit)) Current lumber) - 1)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ===================...
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Facing Angle: + (String(FacingAngle)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Real Angle: + (String(RealAngle)))
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ===================...
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_HeroGroup)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_HeroPosit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_BossPosit)

Thanks, Ayanami. I had don't this before and it worked great. I just forgot what had to be done for that situation. Thank so much!

re-making ulduar? :D
Lol, no. Actually, I am making just a single boss fight. I'm planning on trying to make a bunch of different single boss maps. This one is a succubus. And I knew people would understand "insanity management system" over "charm management system." It's essentially the same thing. But you won't being entering this boss's head. <(o_- )>

bummer!
i love hitting his squishy brain with my mace on my dk ! :p

if you need help doing a boss fight pm me, i have tons of ideas for boss fights and im great with gui triggering :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.