Item name doesn't display (please help!)

Furd

Reaction score
Well I searched the forums for this issue but could not find a solution for the life of me =/

Any "active" items (such as 'kelen's dagger of escape') do not display their names in-game when they are in a Hero's inventory when testing my map.

This just started happening out of the blue as far as I know, and I am confused because it used to display all names just fine. If anyone has any idea how to fix this please, please let me know! My map cannot be completed without this issue solved :( Thanks so much!

KingJohn

Reaction score
I don't know the answer, and I think, most of the other members don't, too. We would need some more details, it can't be happening out of the blue, as you know. What attribute of the new item has changed, do it happen to melee items to, what triggers do you use with items, etc.
I had a problem once, when I didn't type in a tooltip for a hero, its name wouldn't be shown either. I don't know if that could be the problem, but try to fill up every "text" field, if you haven't already.

Furd

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, KingJohn. I will try to give as many details as possible when I am at my home computer and can look into it more, but for now here is some more info:

1. The item description field on some items is larger now as I have put in multiple lines of information.

2. The names for most items (custom & stock) still show up fine; however ALL active items (such as kelen's dagger of escape) do not display their name, regardless of customizations.

3. I have edited some items to not be droppable, sellable, etc.

I am just so confused by this, mainly because stock items included in World Editor are having the same issue. Perhaps it has to do with some trigger I have or something I edited in the Gameplay Constants or Gameplay Interface? Anyway, I'll keep lookin into it - any help is much appreciated!

*edit: I will post a couple screenshots when I get a chance

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.