Making heroes and synergy

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone really pays extreme attention to synergy in a hero when playing it. When I look around, I see heroes like the Goblin Alchemist, or Dota's Drow Ranger, and notice they don't really have that much synergy in their spells, very little atleast.

More importantly though, I was hoping anyone could give me a few tips of making a hero with really good synergy, because after 3 days of brainstorming I've accepted the fact that I'm not good at it at all. What do you think when you are making a hero? Do you have any special thought process setup or anything like that? I'm just looking for tips, anything would help. Ty : ).

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
I did. : (

It seemed to put more pressure on me to create the perfect hero instead of making things easier on me.

Reaction score
"Synergy" is meaningless buzzword. I suggest you erase the concept from your mind. If your hero:

1. Fits the theme.
2. Is fun to play.
3. Is balanced.

Then it succeeds. Otherwise it fails, regardless of how much its abilities "synergize".

bookyjoo

Reaction score
Take a better look at Dota. Nearly every hero in that game has sweet synergy. Drow ranger just happens to be one of the less complicated heroes. Check out Axe, Bloodseeker, Pudge.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Make spells that require others to work to its fullest potential. Or a spell which would help others accompolish their goals, like a disable and a small aoe spell.

Not trying to advertise or brag but i think that my Icecrown Overlord(search it) hero has good synergy. Ice wall enemy, run up, hammer smash or ice wall self and frost mastery helps you survive whilst channeling blizzard storm. I think ill stop now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.