Marks on minimap

Somebody666

Reaction score
Hello. I have one question. How i can choose custom mark for each unit on minimap? For example. I create a unit. Normally have unit a collor dot on minimap, but i want put a mark of shop or mine on unit. How i can do this?

Sorry for my English. I am just a English student. :thup:

Give it the goldmine ability so the game registers it as a golden dot on the minimap. Units can mine from this unit now, though.

No, don't do that. Just edit it in the game interface. Open your map and go to Advanced/Gameplay Interface. I think the icon you are looking for is "Icon Minimap (Hero/Neutral/Etc). You can change what is displayed to whatever blp file you want without changing any actual gameplay issue.

There's an actual one for the normal unit dots? All I see here that effect the mini-map itself (with UMSWE) is Hero, Neutral, Resource, Resource Entangled, Resource Haunted.
If he's looking for heroes and such that works fine, or if I'm missing one.

Hmm, I know there is still a way to edit that, but I cant remember off the top of my head. Maybe 'Model-Minimap Indicator' or something like that?

No, that is in the Gameplay Interface too.

But I think you need to explain more what this specific unit is that you want to change. There are ways to change certain things with abilities or triggers, but without knowing exactly what you are trying to do, its hard to come up with the best solution...

I create a unit. Buffer.. he will wander around the map. And i want on minimap Mine icon for him. :) so you understand? :)

lol... so a wandering gold mine. I guess the original response would work then, but I think it would have some strange side effects.

The only other solution I could think of would be to base your unit off Tree of Ages, so it is a walking building, and then you could create a trigger that does:

Events - Tree of Ages begins an Ability
Conditions - Ability equal to Wander
Actions - Neutral Building - Change the special minimap icon to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNGoldMine.blp

Do that then.

Yes i try it, but then "Buffer" is a mine.. and i don't like it..

EDIT: Okey thanks to all. I do it. :)

Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.25 seconds
Conditions
/
Actions
Neutral Building - Turn special minimap icon On for Buffer
Neutral Bullding - Change the special minimap icon to UI\Minimap\minimap-gold-haunted.blp

Thanks to all!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.