Mass Blink

theGrayWolf

Reaction score
Hi.

I want to make the Blink ability activate for all selected units together (like the stalker Blink in SC2). I have made A trigger that seems to work, but sometimes when Mass Blinking up cliffs the game jams for a few seconds, can you tell me why? And please tell me if there is a way to fix it. Here is the trigger:

Events
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
Conditions
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(blink))
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units currently selected by (Owner of (Ordered unit))) and do (If ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Vampire) then do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Warden - Blink (Target point of issued order)) else do (Do nothing))

Skippy

Reaction score
Well, as Blink is the spell, I think you should use:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Blink)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units currently selected by (Owner of (Triggering unit))) and do (If ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Vampire) then do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Night Elf Warden - Blink (Target point of ability being cast)) else do (Do nothing))

Try this.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
The reason it bugs up is because you're doing an infinite loop in this trigger as EACH unit casts blink, making the trigger run again. The solution would be turning off the trigger BEFORE you pick the units.

By the way, your trigger leaks.

Fallen-Kid

Reaction score
A few questions be4 we start
1. Do u want it to be instant?
2. Do u want it to be timed? I mean after X time move them to a location?
I'll make it instant, then u tell me if you want it to be timed... Well u want to target something. Base it off Channel and make it Point targetable. After that do this trigger:

Code:
Events: A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions: Ability being cast = Your ability based on channel
Actions: Set Mass_TP_Caster = Triggering Unit
         Set Mass_TP_CasterLoc = (Position of (Mass_TP_Caster))
         Set X = Targeted point of ability is being cast
         Set Mass_TP_Group = Units whithin X range of Mass_TP_CasterLoc matching condition(Matching unit is a hero = true and Matching unit is alive = true and Matching unit belongs to an ally of Mass_TP_Caster = true)))
         Unit Group - Pick every unit in Mass_TP_Group and do Actions:
                Loop: Move Picked unit to X
         Custom Script(call RemoveLocation(udg_Mass_TP_CasterLoc)
         Custom Script(call RemoveLocation(udg_X)
         Custom Script(call DestroyGroup(udg_Mass_TP_Group)

P.S: This is kinda freehanded, reply here if anything is wrong
This is from using search, its leak free
link to it >>http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130514&highlight=mass+blink

theGrayWolf

Reaction score
Hi.
Sorry it toke so long for me to get back to you guys. I tried your ideas and Skippys seems to work, I also tried to tern the trigger off before the unit picking part then on after, but then some of the units often didn't blink with the rest of them. I don't really know about leaks and how to spot and fix them so please give me a link to some place that tells me about them.

To Fallen-Kid I don't think you understand what i want to do, I have a lot of units all with the blink ability and I want them to use it together instead of one at a time, based not on how close they are but on weather the player has them selected.

Thank you all for your help.

theGrayWolf

Reaction score
It has a cooldown so why did it make the game lag and get stuck for up to about 10 seconds when I used it before?

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Probably cause it's slobby and efficient made. :p

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It has a cooldown so why did it make the game lag and get stuck for up to about 10 seconds when I used it before?
My trigger?

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Myb something like this? Is this good enough 4 u?

Attachments

• Mass Blink.w3x
    19.2 KB · Views: 203

theGrayWolf

Reaction score
Thank you Fallen-Kid and Igor Z, I now understand about leaks thanks to that tutorial and the example map.

But I think you still don't understand what I'm trying to do Igor Z, this is not a hero ability, its a unit ability, you can have as many of these units as your supply limit allows, I simply wanted to change it so that instead of doing what WC3 usually dose (which is blink one unit out of the group each time you activate the ability). so that all of thees units that you have selected use blink to the target spot, or toward the target spot when you activate the blink ability of one of them.

Maybe my thread title was a bit misleading.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Thank you Fallen-Kid and Igor Z, I now understand about leaks thanks to that tutorial and the example map.

But I think you still don't understand what I'm trying to do Igor Z, this is not a hero ability, its a unit ability, you can have as many of these units as your supply limit allows, I simply wanted to change it so that instead of doing what WC3 usually dose (which is blink one unit out of the group each time you activate the ability). so that all of thees units that you have selected use blink to the target spot, or toward the target spot when you activate the blink ability of one of them.

Maybe my thread title was a bit misleading.

I've created a demo map for you (I've also suggested this for Island Defense.)

Attachments

• Venomous Protectors Mass Blink.w3x
    21.5 KB · Views: 212
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.