Model Problem

avalya

Reaction score
Alright, so I just got my hands on my family's PC, so I thought I'd start out making models, crawling over dozens of tutorials and learning the basics. Bad idea.

So, I edited the Phoenix Missile effect, changes the textures and all that, still only in-game textures.

Now here's my problem, when I import it to a map, it won't work, and I got no idea what I did wrong since I got no previous experience in this area.

Should I import in-game textures or leave them be? My emitters currently are team-colored cubes because of this which, in my opinion, looks pretty terrible.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Be precise, won't work is bad problem description, what exactly does not work?
I assume you get cube with green/ white checker-board. In-game textures are fine so long as you don't change inside model file texture paths.
I guess you tinkered model to death, load backup version and start again. If you need help with particles seek help from wc3c.net. They got excessive MDX(L) file tutorials. We have some tutorials too, but dunno will they explain particles.

avalya

Reaction score
What I get when I import it is the exact same model, except all of the particles are team-colored cubes, and not the textures I chose, in this case star5tga.blp (I believe).

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
It sounds like a filter problem. You may have to change the particle emitter filter to additive, but I don't know for sure, unless you post the model.

avalya

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't have it on this computer, and it might use add alpha, I'm not sure, I'll check it out as soon as possible.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.