N0n hacking ultra-fast units

G

I have downloaded a replay of a supposedly no hack method of giving units a lot of speed. It is claimed that they only used the Staredit triggers. I was wondering if anyone has some difinitive info on this subject. I understand if you dont want to tell me exactly how it is done but could you at least tell me that it is doable or maybe give me a hint.

By the way I have just returned to the starcraft mapmaking trade after more than a year of absence. Needless to say i was dismayed to find that my stardraft 1.05 and Staredit SE arent as cutting edge as they used to be. I mean now people are making completely new editors from scratch.

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
I remember HELLSS posting a thread where you can use a trigger to make spawns with the Create Unit trigger go faster...

I think it was:

CONDITION
(always)
- Always
ACTION
(wait)
- Wait 100 miliseconds
(wait)
- Wait 100 miliseconds
(wait)
- Wait 100 miliseconds
(wait)
- Wait 100 miliseconds
(wait)
- Wait 100 miliseconds
(wait)
- Wait 100 miliseconds
(preserve trigger)
- Preserve Trigger

There is many other maps that can show this.

Ilendil

Reaction score
Wait... your talking about the speed of the units? not the trigger creation speeds?

Hmm... can you give me the replay?

G

Can i post a file?

I cant find the link where i dled the replay.... Is there some way i can post the file directly here or send it to you? Thanks for your interest

Ilendil

Reaction score
Below the area where you type in your message in "Your Reply:" is Options, then it says Attach file:. Click on Browse... and go to C:\Program Files\Starcraft\Maps\Replay

There should be at least one .rep file in your replay folder, if you were able to use the replay you downloaded.

If you can't find it or you deleted it, then just post a link to the place you got it.

(Btw, Killer-crazy, stop doing that C ya thing :mad:, it is taking longer to load the page everytime you do that, it is making the thread longer, so stop doing it. What the hell is the point of doing it anyway?)

TheBeastofUrak

Reaction score
HEre is the replay... I couldnt figure out how to attach a file before but now i can so here it is Thanks again for helping me out

Attachments

• superspeed.rep
    18.3 KB · Views: 273
G

I noticed one thing about that replay, that the units involved all have a Unit Speed Upgrade.

My guess is that they hacked the team colors so 2 players were both red, but one had the speed ups for those units. Then somewhere along the line they used remove/create/give unit triggers to switch between the players. Just a guess.

Ilendil

Reaction score
Originally posted by Unregistered
I noticed one thing about that replay, that the units involved all have a Unit Speed Upgrade.

My guess is that they hacked the team colors so 2 players were both red, but one had the speed ups for those units. Then somewhere along the line they used remove/create/give unit triggers to switch between the players. Just a guess.

If this was true then you can see the units suddenly disappear and reappear.

G

It may be a startcraft glitch because if u noticed that before the hydralisks oved up one was moveing funny before. it could be a glitch like makeing a permenate crystal around and archon.

Ilendil

Reaction score
That crystal archon your talking about is a glitch, by using stasis on an archon right before it gets summoned.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.