Need some help please =)

Lupo

Reaction score
1) I have a map thats really basic and all but my NPC's don't work right. My Computer Player 2 Works just fine so far but the Player 3 only mines/cuts trees with the starting builders. It doesnt build extra units or buildings for some reason.

2) Is there any way to set up a triger so i can press enter during the game type "command" and have it so that i have full control of a certain players units until i press enter and type "done" then it sends the control back to that player?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1. Does player three have any custom units as part of its race? Does it if any units with changed names? Have any of its units being changed? If so, This is your problem. To make the player work, create an AI in the AI editor. Here is a Link: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=53937

Event: Player 1 (Red) types a chat message Containing 'Control' As an exact match
Conditions:
Actions: Change owner of (Your unit) to Player 1 (Red) and change colour

To uncontrol (Done)

Event: Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing 'Done' as an exact match
Conditions:
Actions: Change owner of (Your Unit) to Player 2 (Blue)

Tell me if you need a demo map.

Lupo

Reaction score
Yeah a demo map would be great cause thats what i did before and i tried it again but it doesnt work

I use

event
Player-player 1 (red) types a chat message contaning control as an exact message

action
Unit-change ownership of (picked unit) to player 1 (red) and change color

Thanks for the AI link =)

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
I'm not sure but you could also try this.

helpvi.png

if you create the variable UnitGroup, you can set the array so makes it possible to save multiple units in it

Lupo

Reaction score
Whats a Variable unit group... sorry i dont know much about the editor yet =(

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
Whats a Variable unit group... sorry i dont know much about the editor yet =(

maybe it's better if you check if you changed any units the computer uses just as Joccaren suggested.
Then, go to http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/
Read the Trigger topic and the variable topic! ^^

Regards

EDIT:

I'm pritty new to custimizing things too, so well my suggestions could be crap or work... I'm not sure wich one it is but I think someone else will tell that later :p

Lupo

Reaction score
I definatly changed some units... but it was all neutral hostile units and the arthas with a sword unit that only I use... so no unit changes that the npc players use...

and for some reason the npc works when its playing as the Humans but not when its playing the undead... I dont know about the other races i havent tried any other ones but its still a little messed up it works though.

and would variable thing work still if i made it so i type a command and it changes the alliance status between the npc and i to full los sharing and full unit command so i dont have to go around and select the units?

Thanks for the help!

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can't say picked unit in your trigger as you haven't picked any unit. If you want to say picked unit, you have to say 'Pick every unit in unit group' or 'Pick random unit from unit group'. Otherwise, click the 'select unit' button next to the variables section of the unit area thingy (The place where you found 'Picked unit'. Sorry for not being precise, I can't think of what its called right now) and click the unit you want to change the ownership of when the trigger runs in the WE (So, click 'select unit' click the unit you want to change the ownership of then, when the trigger runs, it will change ownership of that unit)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.