Need System Ideas ( pt2.)

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I'm talking about a generic template that can be used within ONE trigger.

Deviruchi

Reaction score
how about a weather system that affects the game when activated,

say like this
if its snowing: all units are slowed and rate of slow is dependent on the temperature.
if its sunny: all units gain bonus attack damage and depends on the temperature.
if its raining: all units lose attack damage and depends on how heavy the rain is.
if its windy: all units are increased speed and is dependent on the wind speed.

when activated the weather type is announced at random and only last for a minute after that it takes another minute interval for another weather to be activated.

Deviruchi

Reaction score
yeah, i've seen that system before but i cant do the unit effects though, im a flunk in triggering :D

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I usually get my ideas for systems from when I find something I'm recreating over and over, so I don't have to make it again the next time I need it.

For example, my Multi-Kick! System is something I now import into almost every map I release.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
TriggerHappy, what about a good working casting bar system featuring:

• A section, like you can just add raw codes to the section, and you have plenty of sections like 0.25 sec casting time, 0.50 sec casting time etc. There you add abilities raw codes and how long their casting time would be.
  • The bar disappears when a spell is canceled, idea for it: add some buff when a unit starts a ability, and remove it whenever a unit stops casting an ability, if a unit has the buff it's still casting, if it doesn't it has either canceled it or finished it.
  • Make the bars like maybe 10x '|', and make them green when the casting amount has filled them, and gray when it's not been filled yet.
  • Make the casting bar only show for the owner of the casting unit & make it MUI.

Thats all ideas I can come up with for this system as for now. I hope you will make this, would be really neat :)

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1.Make Dialog system for choosing modes if u like
2. Make roll system, if some 1 rolls the biggest number something will happen(P.S: Trying to do this 1 mount or more but i can't do it)

satino

Reaction score
what about a combat system for an RPG
or a group system : when a unit is created some other units are created with it making them a squad.The leader can add members to the group and dismiss other.Whenever the leader do an action the other members do it too.
You can also try to add formations.

Mac Dre

Reaction score
A Professions System would really help people trying to make Professions in there RPG's

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Some AI struct for NPC characters. Make it run on one timer and use vJass interfaces so people can add some actions for what NPC does in different situations. There could also be some character trait integers, which could be modified nd stuff like that.

JASS:
// Pirate would be somekind of NPC class, they have some 
// spesific actions for pirates only
struct Pirate extends NPC // NPC struct would have all basic stuff

// NPC struct would extend some interface, which has all these methods:
    // like, when integer 'nerve' goes lower that X then this method is called:
    method whenLittleAngry takes nothing returns nothing
       // Make Pirate Swear and Spit
    endmethod

method whenVeryAngry takes nothing returns nothing
        // Make Pirate Kill everything
    endmethod
    // NPC struct would also have a timer, which would register events which make
    // NPC loose his 'nerve'
endstruct

function CreateSomeGuy takes nothing returns nothing
    local Pirate OneEyeJack=Pirate.create(..)
    set OneEyeJack.nerve=100.0
    set OneEyeJack.nerveLoosingRate=5.0
    call OneEyeJack.addSwearWord("Fuck ya")
    call OneEyeJack.addSwearWord("Fuck ya again !")
    call OneEyeJack.addSwearWord("I stick my Hook in yar ASS!")
endfunction

Just a crazy idea, but something like that might be fun.

EDIT. It should only have the basic stuff so users could expand it by creating different AIs. Like Pirate AI or Merchant AI ( They could sell and buy things ) or Knight AI ( Knights should save ladies from towers and kill dragons and stuff like that.) .

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
> Vikuna , that seems unbelievably f*cked up lol

So you register a guy , and if you dont make him happy he swears at you :D
A brilliant idea :)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Wc3 RPGs might have some use for nice and easy NPC system.

It should be easily modified, I think it is the most important part.

Well, not many nows fow to use Jass and vJass interfaces, so its not really 'easy to modify' for GUI users.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.