Negative Damage Shockwave?

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Well... It's pretty much in the title... I basically want a shockwave... That heals... I set the values to negative... Changed the targeting to Allied/Ground/Friend... It won't work... Any ideas why?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Shockwave can't hit allies no matter what, like war stomp and life drain.

You can trigger the entire thing using a periodically sliding unit that heals allies in a radius, or if your game is an AOS, you can make the opposite team shoot a healing shockwave.

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
carrion swam is the same as shock wave, and it wont hit allies like he said,
but maybe you can go in object editor and change it so that it can target allies as well as enemies or just allies

dragonhord

Reaction score
I can write up the triggers lol. It's not hard. I would just rather accomplish it w/ something simple like a shockwave w/ negative damage on allies for the heal... But in any case... I could just add them to the other team I suppose... So I'll do that :). Ty lol.

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
i think you can put negative integers on object editor, but i heard the minimum was 0 no matter what
sorry

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
@TooSlow: You can go to negatives, but what happens on some spells is it never hits a certain group.

Ex. Shockwave hates allies.

Workaround - Make a dummy unit cast it that's unallied to the target. Dealing neg dmg.

dragonhord

Reaction score
Well... I tried making it a enemy and have it cast the shockwave to heal allies, but it still doesn't work... So I don't think shockwave likes allies OR negatives... Any other ideas how I can mess w/ the spell before I turn to triggers?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
why not make a unit that slides to its position, then add another trigger unit comes within x of unit and condition they are allys, then heal them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.