New RPG Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Senkin

It is my own computer that has a web server. And the computer costed me ohh, about 2k. I had custom built myself.

I use a Web server called Abyss Web Server and then I tell my domain name provider (my ppl who gave me .com name) getregisteredonline.com

I pay 10 bucks a year for my .com name and I forward the .com name to my IP that is then gone though my 2 firewalls and 1 router.

It really dont cost much or take much to do what I did.

S

Senkin

Only a little :) (looks innocent)

Ok but seriously if you want to talk about how I did it or how you can for cheep. You can msg me on my messenegrs or pm me.

Otherwise lets keep this to the map.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
56k is only retreating from his error :D

Depends on how old you are for how much 2k is. In my case, 2k isn't much...to a certain extent (14 here, but thinks big :D)

But back to the map.

I'm going to test it sooner or later once I run out of juice to put towards my LoaP. I'll let you know how I like it.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
The map's very fun, but, these are only the raw elements of ANY RPG.

THat's not bad nor good. In EVERY RPG what's the main goal? To make your characters stronger. Every person loves power, no matter what. WHo wouldn't want to work a bit to make an awesome hero which can kill almost everything on the map?

Problem is, there's not much after leveling. You need to add secret items, quests and other stuff. Maybe make quests defending something or someone, or running from a bad guy.

By the way 56K, I'm still working on your item system and Town Portal system, so give me a bit.
----

And to everyone, an update will be arriving soon, with a new item system that allows you to drop items on top of eachother in your inventory system, crafting new, more powerful items. New quests will be added, and more bosses to come. THere will also be a Town Portal system, that allows you to town portal to the main Roscu town, and then go back to your rpevious position.

S

Senkin

XXconanXXX said:
Problem is, there's not much after leveling. You need to add secret items, quests and other stuff. Maybe make quests defending something or someone, or running from a bad guy.

Huh? Tell me what is the, Boss quests and Item Quests in the game are to you?

There are 8 bosses then after you kill all them there are 6 more that come that are even harder.

Then as for item quests there are 5 items you must go and find and return to the Quest master.

Also there is now a Arena where you can fight your fellow teammates.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think I see what Conan means.

Both the Item and Boss Quests are really nothing more then killing some superunit to win. All you have to do is find them...

I've played the map myself, though I haven't played the new versions. You really need to work on terrain, you can walk in a straight line across the map! Make a few patches of trees, and make paths going through them.

Also, be more creative then just 'Kill this guy to complete that quest'. Make something where you have to go through a few dungeons, collect ingredients, and then you have to find someone to mix them ingredients to make a potion. It's still a lot of running around, but it's more then just 'hack, slash, and win'!

-Edit-
Another quest idea is something like hunting someone. Except make the unit move around the map every certain amount of minutes! :p Makes it hard as hell to find, especially if you have a good few points for him to jump to. Maybe something like 'Ghost Hunter' where you have to find a Ghost, and kill it. You can make the Ghost ethereal, even, so that you need to use spells, and don't make it Undead, or the Paladins might have a REAL easy time with her/him.

Also, heroes. You have Strength heroes and Intelligence heroes, but no Agility heroes?! HOW COULD YOU?! What about the Demon Hunter, or the Warden, two amazing heroes?!

Last part of this edit: Tooltips. I don't know if you changed it from the last time I played but the Tooltips were BORING! All these said was the damage and effect. I mean, come on! Write a little bit about it. Something like this:

Mystic Bolt
<Tooltip> The Mage centers all of his magical energy into this one huge blast, damaging his own body in the process. This deals X damage to it's target, and Y damage to the Mage.

It's not much, but hey! It's more then just:
X damage to the target.
Y damage to the Mage.
-End Edit-

For the Item Upgrade system, maybe you could make a Smith that has to create the items. Make it that you have to buy the upgrade, but it also requires 2 items. Also, make different types of helmets and swords. This will make MASSES of new kinds of upgrades! :D

Customize and think the heroes through a bit. Another idea I thought up that I have always loved is to create more levels for each spell then a player can learn. THAT way, heroes are customizable. Here's an example, using a level 10 Demon Hunter:

Level 1: Immolation (L1)
Level 2: Evasion (L2)
Level 3: Immolation (L2)
Level 4: Evasion (L2)
Level 5: Immolation (L3)
Level 6: Metamorphasis
Level 7: Immolation (L4)
Level 8: Evasion (L3)
Level 9: Immolation (L5)
Level 10: Evasion (L4)

This is obviously a Demon Hunter with Evasion and Immolation. Now, when he reaches level 10, he obviously still has levels in Mana Burn, a spell he did not take. Write a trigger so that when heroes become the max level, he looses the 'Choose Ability' button. That way, he won't have that stupid thing there! :D You can also give the heroes 5 abilities, and they can choose just 2, 3, 4, or even try to spread their points out amongst all 5 abilities. This makes each hero very unique, as they may specialize in abilities, or be a general hero, having a few points in each skill. :D I thought it was cool, and I plan to use that in some of my own map ideas in the future.

A HUGE thing I think you should work on is the terrain, though. Mostly the town. Roscu was really just a long path with houses going along side it. You should go for more streets. Hell, if you have trouble making towns and cities, get a map of a real one and there's your base idea! :p Who's going to know? ;)

Those are just my thoughts. Hope you find something in that mess of crap to use! Don't forget, I'll help with terrain if you really need, and anything else. Just PM or IM me, whatever floats for you! :D

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
I've played the map myself, though I haven't played the new versions. You really need to work on terrain, you can walk in a straight line across the map! Make a few patches of trees, and make paths going through them.

Obviously you havent looked at the screenshot i added a week ago. The terrain is perfectly fine now. And has been for a week.

Also the tooltips are temporary i fixed them a bit but im not spending time on them because there is more important things to add before that.
You tried one of the earlier version when i had about nothing on the map. You need to play it again than edit your post :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
A comment about that screenshot:
It looks like you grabbed the Noise tool and just used that the whole map...

That is NOT the way you edit the terrain of your map. And I didn't mean ground level only. I mean trees and stuff...You need to make the map a bit harder to get around, not just walking in a straight line, dodging around the few trees that may be in your way, to get from one side of the map to the other. Creating a few dungeons, nothing hard, just a little bit of a maze with a few creeps blocking a grand total of maybe 2 doors.

THAT is what I meant by editing your terrain. And don't forget what I said about the city of Roscu. I noticed you didn't mention that.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
hehe i doing the same thing in my rpg :D an area of the map reserved for duels but im not copying you ive had the idea for my first map ever but i was just too noobish :D

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Garrett can you get on MSN so I can give you the Item and Town Portal system demo map? You want the random item drop system in the map as well right?

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Addd town portal - allows you to use an item and a portal opens if you enter it it takes you to town, a portal opens in town so you can walk into the portal whenever you are ready and you go back to the same spot as u used it.

S

Senkin

Ok im sorry

I am back! I am sorry I had a comcast issue cuase thier MAIN DNS server went to shit 2 nights back and got it back last night around 7pm, but I had a cablewireing issue. I didnt make a cat5 cable as well as I thought and the stress put on it made it turn to crap.

So I am on and I can now continue to help on this godly to be RPG and I got some ideas about the creep arena I will mention to 56k online.

Anyway ppl, for whom all are on PST area the map will be being updated late in the hours again and I will be available till about 2 am eatch night on all 3 messengers AIM, MSN, YIM.

If you need me or want the new map you can msg me or go online on my web server at http://skdhome.com

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
New Quests Added!

Item Recipie Quest - find the ingrediants to make an item and return it to the quest master - good idea Alexander

Fake Tree Quest - A fake tree is out there somewhere can you find it and return it to the quest master? - easy to spot if your not mentally challenged

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.