Newfound Computing Potential

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I just inherited an old laptop and got it running to WE specs. With three copies of WC3, my friends and I have been tearing up Bnet and LAN matches for fun : ) but now they're intrested in the editing I'm doing. Is it possible to truly split to work done on a map onto 3 computers, then converge them all into one? I have a decent flash drive... thanks in advance!

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
Er... no offense, but I think you misunderstand. I, on my own computer, I plan to do most of the terraining. My friend A does the object data/balancing, and my friend B does the trigger functions, each on their respective computers. I've been successfully been able to import them all to the terrain map. What I'm asking is can this be done regularly to the same map, over and over again, essentialy updating it with new imported data?

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Yes.

Or, when you use import object data, all old object data will be 'deleted' and the imported ones will be imported, rofl.

It means, one of your mate can create items.
Another one can create units/towers
You can create terrain.

Then at the end, put it all in one map.
Thats what you were asking? Right?

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Ofcourse, I suggest that you all make sure that what you're doing actually fits together, as well. :)

EDIT: Huzzah, 69th post! :)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Try NewGen, and use the Extensions tab.

It has "Merge Triggers" action. And some other "Merge blah blah blah" that will help you with your three-some teamwork.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.