unit?

special effect?

lightning?

string?

move?

WHAT?

Broxxar

Reaction score
Open paint, select the ellipse tool, and make ovals to your heart's desire.

Broxxar

Reaction score
Ahhh okay.
Well simply put, trigonometry is the answer.

If you're not great with trig then making a circle of effects around a unit will be a tough concept to grasp.

Trigger:
  • Unit Oval Trigger
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 0 to 11, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by ((600.00 x (Sin(((Real((Integer A))) x 30.00)))), (300.00 x (Cos(((Real((Integer A))) x 30.00)))))) facing Default building facing degrees

Here's a trigger i whipped up that creates 12 units in the shape of a large oval.

It works by creating a footie at the center of the map with point offset. The x value for the offset is a sine function (stretched by 600) and the y value for the offset is a cosine function (stretched by 300). Because the Sine function is stretched more than the cosine, we see a horizontal oval.

If you understand the trigonometry for this trigger, then you should be able to make your special effect oval! =)
Good luck!

Ph[o]bia

Reaction score
Ahhh okay.
Well simply put, trigonometry is the answer.

If you're not great with trig then making a circle of effects around a unit will be a tough concept to grasp.

Trigger:
  • Unit Oval Trigger
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 0 to 11, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by ((600.00 x (Sin(((Real((Integer A))) x 30.00)))), (300.00 x (Cos(((Real((Integer A))) x 30.00)))))) facing Default building facing degrees

Here's a trigger i whipped up that creates 12 units in the shape of a large oval.

It works by creating a footie at the center of the map with point offset. The x value for the offset is a sine function (stretched by 600) and the y value for the offset is a cosine function (stretched by 300). Because the Sine function is stretched more than the cosine, we see a horizontal oval.

If you understand the trigonometry for this trigger, then you should be able to make your special effect oval! =)
Good luck!

Thanks...well i'm only 15 years old , i didn't saw trigonometri

Broxxar

Reaction score
Thanks...well i'm only 15 years old , i didn't saw trigonometri

Well in grade 10 and 11 math you'll learn all about sine and cosine. For now either try to rework my example trigger or find someone to write it for you XD

If you're gonna get someone to write it for you, you might wanna give a bit more background info as to how you're using this oval special effect.

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
Personally I use this map I made to generate circle effects like ovals, it might be of use to you, you can simply copy the "Initialization" trigger, and set the "Point", "Effect", "SpecialAmount" and Vertical/Horizontal radius to the value of your choice and it'll create an oval/circle.

Attachments

• Circle Shapes.w3x
    31.1 KB · Views: 199

Kling[o]

Reaction score
I saw that thread and i wanted to make an oval to but i wanted to put more dummy to make the side of the oval , I tried to change the value of integer A but it didn't work

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Integer A changes each time, it's a loop. So it's just a quicker way to do stuff.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that a unit's area is about 50. So 1 range and 2 range is tiny.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.