Phoenix fire icone problemm

Gev

Reaction score
Here is a problem that i cant solv working on it more then a houer.
I have changed the phoenix fire (random attacking pasive aura) for hero use. And the problem is that there is no icone of that skill. Allso there is some other skills like magic resistance that whas item ability and i have changed it for hero use and that skill allso dosnt have icone. No matter what i do in skill statistics, the icone ceeps being invisible.
What to do?

there should be a field for icon... Research, Normal, and i think Turnon/Turnoff...

make sure something is in those fields...

all that icones are set the same Cluster rockets. Normal, research and turn off.

Well Channel is the only ability that can be made to appear invisible on the UI using settings, so the only other explanation I can think of is the hero hasn't got the ability. Care to upload?

does the ability even work on the hero?
try changing it to a different model..

Yes it is. I got the pasive invisible, claivouiance and many other skills that work veary fine but the icone is missing. May be the icones soudnt be same?

no that not helping. Here the skills. The phoenix fire, Neutral pasive Invisability, Clairboynce (trousight), and many other pasive item abilitys. I think that there is some string that im missing. Im not a pro on this )

Ahem. Curo to the rescue.

Item abilities and Phoenix Fire, along with some others, NEVER show icons. You will need to create a dummy ability (based off 0% evasion or something) that adds an icon to your hero when the Phoenix Fire/Item ability is learned for the first time.

Then you need to level up the icon-dummy ability when you level up the real ability. All via triggers of course.

Also just to note, you can't level up item abilities, so you will have to make the actual functionality of the item ability through a dummy ability is well. So my suggestion here is that you make the actual hero ability the 0% Evasion or whatever, to show an icon. Then use triggers to add the functional ability.

Either way works, but remember that you can't level up item abilities, as well as some others. Go to this page and scroll down to the bottom (99. List of Unlevelable Abilities).

It can't have been absolutely every ability he was using. He should've specified exactly the abilities he's using and which work.

I presumed that with so many abilities being used, that he was having trouble with abilities that should normally work.

Ok i got it thanks. Shit! Now i need to work more few howers. )))

Here is one more thing. Is there any whay to remove icone of the skill like the abilitys counted previously?

If it is passive, you may place it in a disabled spellbook. If not, you have to use Channel, and trigger the actual ability.

Quick thing for you Curo, just make it a hero ability, make it whenever a unit learns a skill, skill being learnt equal to your skill, increase level of it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.